You have the right to be informed, right of access, right to rectification, right to erasure, right to restrict processing, right to data portability, right to object.
We have a Subject Access Request Form for such requests to ensure we understand your request. Please email email@example.com requesting a Subject Access Request Form.
Our preferred method of requesting personal data we hold about you, is via post for the Attention of: Data Protection Officer, 10th Floor, no1 Croydon, 12-16 Addiscombe Road, Croydon, CR0 0XT.
To view our Subject Access Request Policy, please see link (click me for the document).
For more in depth details about your rights, please visit the ICO website Information Commissioners Office.
Please keep in mind where a request for deletion is made, and your file also holds information about our client and/or financial information that we need to keep for 6 years, we may be unable to delete this data.
By withdrawing consent, our processing in that respect will be limited to what is necessary in furtherance of those interests or obligations. Withdrawal of consent will not have any effect on the lawfulness of any processing based on consent before its withdrawal.
Where we are unable to comply with your request, we will provide reasons for failing to do so.
LEGITIMATE INTEREST – In providing our Recruitment services, we will carry out some processing of personal data, which is necessary for the purpose of our legitimate interest in providing this service. Where a staff member has given us the information of an emergency contact, we are sure you agree that this is a vital element of our people-orientated organisation, and so is necessary for our legitimate interest. By supplying your information to us by: social media, email, telephone, post, our website or job pages, we rely on legitimate interest in providing a tailored service to you.
Our Client Database Manager:
Privacy & our website
- Personal data collected on this website is not stored on, or by this website, save for the job alert feature*.
- The personal data is collected to facilitate the websites users to find work, be made aware of jobs we have in future, supply their latest job seeking data to us and or make contact with us for recruitment related activity.
- The personal data collected by the site is transferred to us via encrypted data transfer and all reasonable care has been taken to ensure it’s safety and integrity. Though no data transfer can ever be fully secure due to the nature of software.
- The website makes no automated screening decisions on your personal data, all choices on how data is presented/sent to us are made by the user.
*Job alert feature
The job alert feature follows the privacy by design principal and so our staff are not made are of your alert and have no access to your alert data.
The feature works by collecting a small amount of personal data, that is kept in the website code for the duration the job alert runs, so that the job alert feature can send you job data by email. When the alert expires, or your end the alert the data is then removed from the code and permanently deleted.
For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998, the data controller is Global Resourcing Limited (registration number Z1049827).
Global Resourcing Limited may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 13th January 2010 and wwas reviewed and updated on the 1st of May 2018.
What we collect:
We may collect data about you, both personal data (such as your name and contact details) and also sensitive personal data (such as information in your CV or other application documentation).
What we do with the information we gather:
The personal data and sensitive personal data will be stored, processed, used and disclosed by us in the following ways:
- to provide our recruitment services to you and to facilitate the recruitment process
- for internal record keeping (and under the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003 (“the Conduct Regulations”), if applicable, Global Resourcing is obliged to keep a record of your information for a period of at least one year after the date on which Global Resourcing last provides services to you in the course of its business)
- to assess data about you against vacancies or assignments which we judge may be suitable for you
- to send your information to clients in order to apply for jobs or assignments or to assess your eligibility for jobs or assignments
- to other potential employers or engagers and to other recruitment companies or intermediaries involved in managing the supply of personnel
- to enable you to submit your CV or other application documentation, apply online for jobs or assignments or to subscribe to alerts about jobs or assignments we think may be of interest to you
- to market our full range of recruitment services to you
- to enable us to develop and market other products and services and to improve our customer service and to make our services more valuable to you (including tailoring our website when you log on to enrich your personal online experience)
- to send you details of reports, promotions, offers, networking and client events and general information about the industry sectors which we think might be of interest to you
- to answer your questions and enquiries
- to third parties where we have retained them to provide services that you or our client have requested, such as references, qualifications and criminal reference checking services, verification of the details you have provided from a third party source, psychometric evaluation or skill test
- to third parties who perform functions on our behalf and who also provide services to us, such as professional advisors, IT consultants carrying out testing and development work on our business systems, research and mailing houses and outsourcing partners
- to regulatory or law enforcement agencies if we believe in good faith that we are required by law to disclose it in connection with the detection of crime, the collection of taxes or duties, in order to comply with any applicable law or order of a court of competent jurisdiction, or in connection with legal proceedings
- to use your information on an anonymised basis to monitor compliance with our equal opportunities policy
- to contact you for market research purposes from time to time
We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail [unless you have informed us via email that you do not wish to be contacted by certain means of communication].
From time to time we may seek your consent to process, use or disclose your information for any other purpose not listed above.
You will be notified in the event of any such transfer and you will be afforded an opportunity to opt-out.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Sending us information over the internet and storage of data:
Your information is held on servers hosted by us or our internet services provider. The nature of the internet is such that we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us via the internet.
Transfer of your personal data outside of the EEA:
The personal data we collect from you may be transferred outside the EEA either by Global Resourcing Limited and/or by any of the third parties to whom your personal data may be disclosed to as listed in the section “What we do with the information we gather”. Such transfers will occur where they are necessary as part of the recruitment and/or related services we provide to or for you, e.g. where you apply for a position or assignment outside the EEA, or where the transfer is authorised by law. By providing personal data you agree that your data may be transferred outside of the EEA in such circumstances.
Global Resourcing Limited and/or the third parties to whom we may disclose your personal data may store your personal data on a server overseas. By providing personal data you agree your data may be transferred to servers located overseas.
We will take reasonable steps to ensure your data is treated securely outside of the EEA.
How we collect and aggregate information about visitors to our websites:
We also collect information about the way jobseekers and visitors use this website in order to improve our services. We do not use information gained in this way in a way that any individual can be identified, and only use it to understand our users better, and to determine aggregate trends, most popular pages, etc, for all the website’s users. We may share this kind of aggregate data with selected third parties to assist with these purposes. We may also undertake marketing profiling to help us identify services or jobs which may be of interest to you.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Controlling your personal information:
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following way:
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable (no more than £10). If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to Data Protection Officer, Global Resourcing Limited, 10th Floor, No1 Croydon, 12-16 Addiscombe Road, Croydon, Surrey, CR0 0XT, UK or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
Cookies consist of pieces of text, often including unique identifiers, that are sent by web servers to web browsers, and which may then be sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server.
Cookies can be used by web servers to identity and track users as they navigate different pages on a website and to identify users returning to a website.
Cookies may be either "persistent" cookies or "session" cookies. A persistent cookie consists of a text file sent by a web server to a web browser, which will be stored by the browser and will remain valid until its set expiry date (unless deleted by the user before the expiry date). A session cookie, on the other hand, will expire at the end of the user session, when the web browser is closed.
Cookies on this website:
We use only session cookies on this website. We may send to you the following cookies:
(1) JSESSION_ID cookie
(2) BACKurl Session cookie
(3) LinkedIn session cookie
We may use the information we obtain from your use of our cookies for the following purposes:
(1) to recognise your computer when you visit our website;
(2) to improve the website's usability;
(3) to analyse the use of our website;
(4) to connect to 3rd party services of benefit;
Third party cookies
When you use our website, you may also be sent third party cookies.