Security Operations Centre Team LeadRegister for Job Alert
Come and join Imperial College for an exciting and high-reaching role within our newly formed Cyber Office!
Imperial is a large and complex organisation which is distributed across six major campuses, of which the South Kensington site is the largest. There are some 50,000+ systems on the Imperial network and ICT provide the technical and administrative support for these.
The role of Security Operations Team Lead is to lead and manage the SOC Team within the Cyber Security Office. This will involve leading a team of Cyber Analysts who are responding to and triaging cyber security alerts, incidents, and vulnerabilities with the ultimate goal of improving the security posture of the organisation.
The successful candidate will join a growing team who ensure Security is a technology enabler for the University- allowing the 30000 people at Imperial to access all their data and services quickly, safely, and securely from any location at any time to facilitate world leading teaching and research.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Defining, maintaining, and evolving the strategy and roadmap for the team, including the tooling, capability development, and reporting.
- Providing reports and dashboards that give a clear and accurate overview of cyber security risks, posture status and trends for consumption by different ICT stakeholders and College consumers.
- Drawing on extensive subject matter experience to maintain and grow the SOC team capabilities covering people, process, and tools.
- Working closely with other functions within ICT to:
- Define performance and security data and work with the Tooling Team on the creation of alerts to be triaged.
- Maintain a key focus on automation of responses to security events and performance threshold breaches- Enabling incidents to be raised automatically with 2nd and 3rd line resolver groups.
- Provide line management and coaching for the team.
- Practical experience of managing a Security Operations Centre, covering people, process, and technology in a large organisation with a complex set of IT technologies.
- Deep experience in current security tooling including EDR, Endpoint Security, SIEM, SOAR & vulnerability scanners.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to lead others and persuasively communicate complex technical information effectively to a diverse range of stakeholders
- Degree or equivalent, a technical qualification, or comparable experience in a Cyber Security Role.
To arrange an informal conversation or to apply please contact Lawrence Harris or Charlie Crane on Imperial-SSXC@global-resourcing.com or on 0208 253 1806.
This is a full-time, open-ended position. You will be based at the South Kensington Campus.
Imperial College is committed to equality of opportunity, to eliminating discrimination, and to creating an inclusive working environment. We are an Athena SWAN Silver award winner, a Stonewall Diversity Champion, a Disability Confident Employer and work in partnership with GIRES to promote respect for trans people.