Cyber Security AnalystRegister for Job Alert
Come and join Imperial College for an exciting and high-reaching role within our newly formed Cyber Office!
Imperial is a large and complex organisation which is distributed across six major campuses, of which the South Kensington site is the largest. There are some 50,000+ systems on the Imperial network and ICT provide the technical and administrative support.
The successful candidate will join a team whose stated goal is that Security should be a technology enabler for the University allowing members of Imperial to access all their data and services quickly, safely and securely from any location at any time to facilitate world leading teaching and research.
As part of this growing team, you will provide consultancy both to ICT and the wider university userbase on matters related to IT Security. You will need to communicate to a wide range of stakeholders providing pragmatic advice utilising a risk-based approach.
The role of the Cyber Security Analyst within the Cyber Security Office is ultimately to improve the security posture of the organisation. Imperial is a large and complex environment which is distributed over six major campuses, of which the South Kensington site is the largest. There are some 50,000+ systems on the Imperial network and ICT provide the technical and administrative support for these.
This role covers the technology, tools, controls, processes that support the Cyber Security function, with the goal of protecting Imperial’s data, systems, services and users from accidental or malicious attack and ensuring that Imperial meets all its regulatory obligations with respect to protection of data.
Duties and responsibilities
- Takes proactive steps and puts into place measures to ensure that ICT has proper mechanisms in place to protect the College’ data, systems and users from accidental or malicious attack and ensure the College meets all its regulatory obligations with respect to protection of data.
- Acting as a key contact for the department to provide security expertise to a variety of stakeholders.
- Providing consultancy, make decisions and provide advice to members of Imperial on cyber security.
- Assists with developing the vision, principles, strategy and roadmap for cyber security, covering tools, controls and processes and technology.
- Assists in developing the security designs & blueprints based of the cyber security strategy to enable the rapid delivery of new services.
- Is up to date with the latest security technologies and techniques, plus latest internal and external threats and understands how these fit in with ICT operations, products and services and the wider College.
- Researches and assesses existing and new security solutions for existing or new problems and provides recommendations on how to mitigate the risks.
- Pro-actively engages with industry leaders within the cyber security sector, such as but not limited to specialist leading vendors, engaging with peers within the Higher Education sector and/or peer universities for up to date, complete comprehension of security risks and provides options on how to mitigate security risks.
- Is up to date with the latest security technologies and techniques, plus latest internal and external threats and understands how these fit in with large complex organisations.
- Capable of designing secure system architectures through the application of patterns and principles, to meet user needs while managing risks. Capable of identifying security issues in system architectures.
- Strong research and analytical skills to track and predict IT security trends
- Knowledge of a broad range of current and developing IT technologies, architectures and delivery models.
- Experience of conducting and leading investigations relating to breaches of security or other security matters.
- Degree or equivalent, a technical qualification or comparable experience preferably in a Cyber Security Role.
This is a full-time, open-ended position. You will be based at the South Kensington Campus.
To arrange an informal conversation or to submit an application please contact Dave Flynn or Charlie Crane on Imperial-CSA@global-resourcing.com or on 0208 253 1806.
Imperial College is committed to equality of opportunity, to eliminating discrimination, and to creating an inclusive working environment. We are an Athena SWAN Silver award winner, a Stonewall Diversity Champion, a Disability Confident Employer and work in partnership with GIRES to promote respect for trans people.