Head of Data ExploitationRegister for Job Alert
The nature of modern warfare is changing, with access to and the exploitation of data becoming vital to securing military advantage. The government’s Integrated Review placed greater priority on identifying and deploying new technologies faster than potential adversaries to enable operations across all arenas of warfare and collaborate better with partners.
As the Head of Data Exploitation, you will be responsible for identifying, cohering, and delivering the data exploitation outcomes associated with these prodigious initiatives. This role requires you to be mission-driven, actively working with Defence customers to ensure step changes in Digital and Data capability are delivering their intended outcomes to projects and programmes.
The MOD established the DX4D initiative in July 2022 to accelerate digital transformation across Defence and embed the relevant cultural and organisational changes. DX4D is led by the Second Permanent Secretary and will deliver Defence’s vision and ambition for digital and data exploitation, providing a safer future for all.
As the Head of Data Exploitation, you will provide understanding of the tools and technologies required to deliver enterprise digital and data services, and will;
- Work with Defence and the wider UK intelligence community through engagement and collaboration to build strong partnerships with the front-line commands, Enabling Organisations, and other government departments. Communicate, cohere, and build commitment to a shared data vision with senior stakeholders.
- Collaborate with the most sensitive and discrete Defence capability areas, their corresponding Partners Across Government and coalition allies on the data agenda, building and maintain partnerships along the way.
- Lead engagement, establish relationships, and influence programmes, ensuring alignment in support of Defence’s Data and Digital Strategies.
- Lead and manage engagements to ensure that these are directed, governed, and assured in line with the Data Strategy and the CDO’s mandate.
- Identify where transformational value can be added from; unlocking data, the application of new data approaches, leading and influencing to ensure Defence realises the value.
- Lead the adoption and value realisation of the data strategy. Drive awareness of new central data capabilities that add value and support programmes.