Chief Portfolio OfficerRegister for Job Alert
With our head office close to the vibrant city of Newcastle upon Tyne and with offices around the country, the NHS Business Services Authority (NHSBSA) is a truly nationwide operation with over 3,500 colleagues trusted by the Department of Health and Social Care to deliver essential business services, yet it's quite likely you may never have heard of us.
Every single UK citizen, young or old, will have interacted with the NHSBSA, though often unknowingly. This could be through our work in supporting Primary Care where we process over a billion prescriptions per year and over 40 million dental claims, or it could be through our services that directly support members of the public with help for health costs, including maternity, low income, and medical exemption schemes.
If you work for the NHS we’ve already been part of your journey as we manage the Electronic Staff Record (ESR) platform the largest centralised HR and Payroll system in the world which enables individual NHS organisations to pay their staff over £45billion each year accurately and on time, and finally we support NHS workers through to retirement by delivering the NHS Pension Scheme which is the largest centrally administered pension scheme in Europe.
Our vision is to be the delivery partner of choice for the health and care system, and our purpose is to be a catalyst for better health. Supporting the CEO in delivering this vision is the Chief Portfolio Officer, an executive senior manager and pivotal member of the leadership team who will provide strategic leadership, direction, and expert advice on the NHSBSA’s portfolio of change programmes.
Key responsibilities and deliverables will include:
- Leading the project and product management professions, providing thought leadership and guidance not only to your own team but also those project roles embedded in different directorates.
- Contributing to the strategic leadership of the NHSBSA in relation to developing strategy, business plans, achieving goals and fostering change, growth, and transformation of the organisation.
- Ensuring all project and product governance frameworks are adhered to in relation to managing cost, time and quality whilst also ensuring the success of the project.
- Ensuring capacity and capability in the central portfolio management function to deliver a demanding portfolio of projects whilst being aware of any critical gap that could impact priorities.
- Building and maintaining active stakeholder relationships, acting as an ambassador for the NHSBSA with key stakeholders including the DHSC, other NHS organisations, others across government and with third party suppliers and delivery partners.
The successful candidate will have demonstrable experience of working at senior management level, building relationships and influencing stakeholder both internally and externally and delivering projects, products, or services across both operational and change dimensions. You will exhibit exemplary leadership skills and behaviours, be able to communicate the organisation’s vison to motivate and engage your team, and create, inspire, and drive cultural change across the NHSBSA.
Finally, as an ambassador for the NHSBSA you will embody our values of CARE; You will be Collaborative, Adventurous, Reliable and Energetic. These values are at the heart of who we are and what we do.
This is a fantastic leadership role within an organisation that provides essential business services and platforms that support the smooth running of the NHS and deliver great taxpayer value.
If you are interested in applying for this post, please contact either Rosalind Lambert or Dave Flynn at Global Resourcing: NHSBSA-CPO@global-resourcing.com / 020 8253 1806
We are the NHS supporting the NHS