Chief Operating OfficerRegister for Job Alert
The Ministry of Justice is a major government department at the heart of the justice system, delivering some of the most fundamental public services including courts, tribunals, prisons, legal services, youth justice, probation services, and attendance centres. Our vision is to deliver a world-class justice system that works for everyone in society. The justice system plays a crucial role in our success as a nation – keeping people safe, emphasising fairness, guaranteeing individual rights and giving businesses confidence to flourish.
At the heart of service delivery within MOJ is the Justice Digital team whose mission is to make the user experience of justice simpler, faster, and better. Our culture is based on hiring diverse, forward-thinking people and providing them with progressive, ambitious, and inclusive environment.
The critical position of Chief Operating Officer (COO) is a key executive role supporting and collaborating with our Chief Digital Information Officer. This vital leadership role will oversee a major team of 1,300 specialists and manage a budget of over £50m, shaping and delivering a range of services that play a critical role in the function of our society.
As a passionate and enthusiastic leader, The Chief Operating Officer (COO) you will:
- Help us to make the user experience of justice simpler, faster and better by making sure we have the right talent, portfolio and funding to achieve our vision.
- Attract, develop, and engage the best digital talent, and build a culture and environment in which they can thrive.
- Workforce planning, ensuring the appropriate mix of civil servants, contractors, outsourced arrangements, apprenticeships, and internships.
- Secure the funding that we need, influence peers and stakeholders to prioritise, and shape the right portfolio to propel delivery.
- Influence and shape the future of key justice services including prisons, probation, legal aid, criminal injuries compensation and public guardianship.
- Overseeing and prioritising portfolio activity, spend and headcount to make sure we deliver on our MoJ Digital Strategy and commitments in the ODP
This is a unique role that blends digital service delivery with critical operational and programme oversight, with a scale and profile level that is unprecedented. The role that you will play, will help to change the lives of millions of people and leave a legacy of improvement and shape how we operate for years to come.
If you have the skills, leadership, and qualities we are looking for, we’d love you to join us.
We encourage applications from people from all backgrounds and aim to have a workforce that represents the wider society that we serve. We pride ourselves on being an employer of choice. We champion diversity, inclusion and wellbeing and aim to create a workplace where everyone feels valued and a sense of belonging. To find out more about how we do this visit: https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/ministry-of-justice/about/equality-and-diversity.
To apply for this post, you will need to complete the online application process though our chosen executive search provider, Global Resourcing, accessed via the following email: MOJ-COO@global-resourcing.com
Should you like to discuss the role in more detail before submitting an application, please contact our chosen executive search provider, Global Resourcing, by emailing MOJ-COO@global-resourcing.com or by calling 020 8253 1806.