Director of Primary, Community and Mental Health Digital ServicesRegister for Job Alert
This new role in NHS Wales will lead on the exciting and important transformation area to develop the strategic digital offer for Primary, Community and Mental Health services. Providing strategic leadership and oversight for these areas to drive forward the closer integrated working agenda for NHS Wales, ensuring strategic direction of digital services is developed to support transformation in this sector.
You will require strong leadership skills enabling NHS Wales to grasp the full potential of our integrated system and our planning approach.
New technologies and digital approaches will be an important part of our future whole system approach to health and social care. Such models will integrate services at the local and regional level. Collaboration will be key to success, and you will need to work closely with key stakeholders across the health and care sector in Wales, to influence the current and future digital direction for Primary Care, Community Care and Mental Health Services, to facilitate improvements in population health and care services in line with Welsh Government policy and whole system planning. You will need to take into account how to maximise the impact of existing primary and community care and mental health service resources to strengthen delivery of digital transformational change.
New community-based models of health and social care will combine seamlessly with assistive technologies and remote monitoring. It is vital to work effectively with the other organisations across the health and care system in Wales to drive forward the closer integrated working agenda. Many of these have appointed their own digital leads and all will have a view on how best to offer digital services to their staff, patients and service users. This role must be able to lead, influence and collaborate effectively.
As an experienced and established leader, you will:
- Drive digital change across Wales and ensure the integration of national digital systems within Primary Care, Community and Mental Health patient services enabling transformational and seamless patient care.
- Develop a strategy and effective implementation plan to deliver the information and digital focus aligned with the Strategic Programme for Primary and Community and Mental Health Care
- Support and influence the development of an integrated approach to future strategic developments of digitalisation of health and care services in collaboration with local authorities and third sector partners.
- Influence the all-Wales adoption of new digital models to enable moving care and intervention close to home, shifting the focus towards prevention and early intervention.
- Horizon scan and identify leading edge technologies to set the agenda for the future, using research from Health and Care with a focus on both Primary Community Care and Mental Health Services
- Ensure outstanding levels of performance delivery through your inspirational leadership, vision and strategic direction.
- Support the CEO to embed an organisational and management culture that encourages innovation and values and empowers staff.
- Act as an ambassador for DHCW, building the reputation of the digital platforms, systems and services it develops and manages.
- Participate and present professionally in Board sessions supporting the broader DHCW Board Members and agenda items.
This is an important role that will be part our Executive Team and provide you with the opportunity to be part of a dynamic and collaborative organisation with an ambitious programme to deliver world-class digital health and care for Wales.
As the successful candidate, you will be an ambassador of our organisational values:
- We act with integrity to build trust
- We respect and treat everyone the way we wish to be treated
- We care about the people we support and those we work with
- We are proud of our achievements and being part of NHS Wales
- We learn from our colleagues through the sharing of knowledge and experience to continually improve our service