Chief Digital Information OfficerRegister for Job Alert
Betsi Cadwaladr University Health Board is the largest health organisation in Wales, delivering vital services to a population of over 678,000 people across the six counties of North Wales. With the stunning Snowdonia National Park at the centre of our area, we provide a full range of primary, community, mental health, and acute hospital services fora broad and complex range of needs. The Health Board has a budget of £1.6 billion and a workforce of approximately 18,000 serving three main hospitals, along with a network of community hospitals, health centres, clinics, mental health units and community team bases. We also coordinate the work of over 100 GP practices and NHS services provided by dentists, opticians, and pharmacists in North Wales.
With a new Chief Executive, new strategic plan, and an incredible digital agenda, we are accelerating our change programme to not only continue to improve our overall performance, but to increasingly bring our patients and customers to the heart of everything that we do. There has quite simply never been a more exciting and ambitious time to join our Executive team.
As we progress our ambitious agenda for innovation, service, and digital transformation, we are seeking a Chief Digital Information Officer to join our senior leadership team. As an experienced and established digital leader, you will be responsible for:
- Leading, motivating, building, and inspiring a high performing team of committed professionals, whilst imparting clear values, vision, and goals.
- Playing a fundamental role in the delivery of the Digital Strategy and the overall strategic ambitions of BCUHB.
- Engaging with and driving collaboration amongst a wide range of stakeholders across BCUHB and the broader health and digital communities in Wales.
- Driving customer engagement and user experience to understand the needs of our patients and citizens to define our service design roadmap.
- Increasing the availability and use of data to drive our strategic decisions.
- Identifying and delivering continuous improvements to our digital and operational processes, identifying efficiencies where possible.
- Communicating across the Health Board and presenting the mission and digital ambition of BCUHB, whilst demonstrating accountability for the effective and efficient use of public funds, probity, transparency, and value for money.
- Ensuring that our technology platforms, infrastructure, and architecture are world-class and able to support our strategic aims for years to come.
- Advising and supporting a highly experienced Board and ensuring the Digital Strategy is aligned to the delivery of the organisational objectives.
This is a unique opportunity for a fantastic digital and technology professional to make a substantial difference to the health economy of Wales. We are seeking an ambitious, innovative, and inclusive leader who can apply their technology and digital experience to a clinical environment. Someone who will work with others to promote a culture of innovation and inclusivity, collaborating with people across the healthcare system to take every opportunity to improve services through digital, data and technology. as the successful candidate, you will be an ambassador of our organisational values:
We put patients first
We value and respect each other
We all work together as one team
We learn and innovate
We communicate openly and honestly
If you are interested in applying for this post, please contact Rob Johnson or Rachel Ellis at Global Resourcing: BCUHB@global-resourcing.com / 020 8253 1806
Welsh language is desirable for this post, we welcome written discussions and applications in either Welsh or English. Please note applications submitted in Welsh will not be treated less favourably than an application in English.