Chief Digital Information OfficerRegister for Job Alert
Crown Commercial Service (CCS) is the largest central purchasing body in the UK, on a path to becoming a £30bn per annum organisation within the coming years. This is anopportunity to join our brilliant team on their mission to strengthen the UK economy and deliver savings to the UK taxpayer, through innovative, efficient and effective, public sector procurement.
As a result, we have established a new Director level position of Chief Digital Information Officer (CDIO) to drive our digital transformation and ensure our continued success for years to come. As our new CDIO,
you will also enable us to make a major contribution to public sector finances as the UK emerges from the COVID -19 pandemic.
This is a complex and specialist role leading the Digital and Data Services Directorate, key responsibilities will include:
• Leading the development and delivery of the digital strategy that supports our on-going transformation and planned growth.
• Delivering a broad range of world class digital services with the customer at their heart.
• Replacing and/or integrating legacy technology with cutting edge new platforms.
• Designing and building a new operating model, with a focus on data and cyber security.
• Owning and delivering major programmes in the public-eye and championing agile ways of working.
• Building a collaborative network and community across Government and the wider public sector.
• Ensuring that we have the optimum systems, processes, and culture to enable continued and substantial growth.
As the successful candidate, you will be able to rapidly grasp the complex commercial scenarios managed by our organisation and contribute at an executive level to strategic matters affecting the business. You will possess strong digital delivery experience and an understanding of technology best practice, alongside excellent strategic thinking and change management skills. You will be able to build and develop our digital technology roadmap in-line with our wider business strategy. You will manage high quality resilient services that support business critical operations, enabling collaboration across CCS and supporting commercial innovation. Finally, you will be a proven, inspirational and experienced leader, collaborating and projecting CCS values and behaviours to all stakeholders both inside and outside of our business.
This is a challenging and exciting time for both CCS and the public sector, and the Chief Digital
Information Officer will be at the forefront of our efforts to ensure we realise our ambitions. As a member of the CCS Executive Board reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, you will play a critical and fundamental role in not only our own growth and success, but in that of the United Kingdom, as we emerge from the current pandemic.
Candidates may be based in the following locations: Birmingham, Liverpool or London.