Head of IT Service Operations ManagementRegister for Job Alert
Does your job matter?
The Maritime and Coastguard Agency (MCA) is an organisation like no other.
Our work saves lives, every single day. Whether at the beach, coast or sea; people rely on our 24-hour emergency service 365-days a year, whilst our surveyors operate to ensure high standards of safety for all boat users around the globe.
The critical services that the MCA provide to our customers rely on the best people, processes and technology and whilst we are a high performing organisation, we still have work to do.
Technology and digital innovation are increasingly critical to our delivery, and the potential for digital ways of working to enable even higher levels of performance are abundant.
With this in mind, we now are making a step change in our capability to deliver technology improvement and innovation and, as part of this exciting journey, we are seeking a new Head of IT Service Operations. This individual will play a crucial role in the IT Senior Management team, leading a world class technology infrastructure that supports the entire organisation.
Key responsibilities of this role will include:
- Providing leadership, coaching and mentoring across the largest team within the IT directorate;
- Accountability for supplier management and implementation of performance management processes;
- Analysis of supplier performance and in-sourcing of services where necessary;
- Effective and inspirational leadership of teams that manage live and critical 24x7, 365 Service Desk, Application Operations and Infrastructure Operations;
- Promoting continuous improvement by driving best practise in IT Service Management and ensuring that technology and infrastructure services are delivered effectively and efficiently;
- Applying and implementing ITIL and SIAM methodologies appropriately;
- Developing processes and controls for event management;
- Applying a pragmatic approach to decision-making skills.
This is a hugely exciting opportunity to work with senior members of the organisation and lead a successful IT operations management team for an incredible national organisation.
To receive additional information please email: MCAHeadServiceOps@global-resourcing.com or to arrange a call contact Rachel Ellis on 0208 253 1800.