Chief Technology Officer – Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government (MHCLG)Register for Job Alert
Chief Technology Officer – Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government (MHCLG)
c. £100k base + benefits
Closing date: Monday 30th March 2020
Please contact MHCLG@global-resourcing.com for a full information pack and directions on how to formally apply. Please also reach out at MHCLG@global-resourcing.com to set up time for a confidential call to explore this role further with Sarah Luxford or Abigail Indramoorthy, who can also be reached directly on 020 8253 1806.
Our role is to create great places to live and work, build integrated communities and to give people the power to shape what happens in their local area. The work we do influences the lives of everyone, whether it's through the homes we live in, our local councils, or the communities we are all a part of. With so much of our work at the top of the political agenda, this an exciting time to be joining the Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government.
Over the past 18 months. we have built and continue to grow a team of just over 100 talented and dedicated digital and tech professionals. Through a significant IT modernisation agenda, we are transforming the way that staff work, providing them with the tools and technology to connect, collaborate and innovate, whilst creating a more flexible, digital workplace. It is crucial that we now have the latest technology in place to support, deliver and empower the complex and challenging changes that we will deliver.
As such, we require a CTO to be responsible for addressing our technical debt, delivering our strategy, developing our capability (Talent & Tech) and driving a high performance culture across our services.
This is a strategically important senior leadership role, where you will:
- Deliver the enhanced provision, maintenance and improvement of operational technology, that is efficient, reliable and cost-effective;
- Develop and drive the technology strategy roadmap, ensuring policy & processes are defined and continually improved, covering key areas such as cyber and data, whilst spearheading the design of the overall technical architecture;
- Own the Department’s knowledge-management strategy, departmental records in addition to all operational technology and corporate services;
- Manage, nurture and inspire a growing team, addressing current and future capability;
- Be a champion of change; inspiring our people to engage with technology whilst promoting innovative solutions to operational challenges;
- Collaborate with other central and local government Departments to seek out, build upon and share best practice as an industry thought-leader
We are therefore looking for a leader with the following experience:
- Proven experience of setting, communicating and translating a strategic vision into deliverable operational plans;
- Demonstrable experience of delivering a transformation and modernisation agenda, including building team and technology capability whilst improving processes;
- A resilient and confident nature, with the ability to lead by example to drive best-practice;
- Building customer-focused IT cultures, helping teams to adopt new ways of working and embrace contemporary IT disciplines;
- Well-versed in current technological trends and able to build a modern and appropriate technology architecture;
- Able to think critically and objectively, with excellent problem solving skills and the ability to make quick decisions based on business demands;
- Strong commercial acumen and an ability to undertake contract management, negotiation and performance monitoring;
- Proven ability to establish, develop and maintain effective working relationships with all colleagues, partners and stakeholders to deliver impact with excellent communication and influencing skills.
What’s in it for you
This is a unique opportunity within an ambitious and influential government Department, seeking to improve experience by delivering first-class services.
Whether you are an experienced technology professional looking for your first CTO role, or an existing leader seeking a new challenge, you'll break new ground and most certainly further your own profile and career.
We invest in our employees to help them to develop and achieve their professional goals, whilst also providing the opportunity to work with brilliant minds as part of an exceptional and high performing team.
If you are interested in public services and are excited by being involved in the running of the country, we want you to join us. We welcome people from any sector or background, as long as you are ready to play a key role in developing and delivering our part of the government's agenda.
For an informal and confidential conversation please contact Sarah Luxford or Abigail Indramoorthy on 020 8253 1806 or email MHCLG@global-resourcing.com for further information and details on how to apply.
Applications to be received by Monday 30th March 2020