Maritime & Coastguard Agency (MCA) – Head of Service OperationsRegister for Job Alert
Does your job matter? What we do matters….
Our work saves lives, every single day. Whether at the beach, coast or sea, people rely on our 24-hour emergency service 365-days a year, whilst our surveyors operate to ensure high standards of safety for all boat users around the globe.
As a National organisation, we’re made up of nearly 4,500 employees and volunteers, across 450 sites. We task the biggest airborne fleet in the government outside of the armed services, operate a coastguard operation that sells its expertise around the world, set the standards in the growing shipping sector and increasingly play a lead role in enabling and delivering the huge amount of innovation that will take place within the maritime sector in the coming years.
The critical services that the MCA provide to our customers rely on the best people, process and technology and is almost unique outside of the defence sector. Whilst we are a high performing organisation, we still have work to do. Technology and digital innovation are increasingly critical to our delivery, and the potential for digital ways of working to enable even higher levels of performance are abundant. We are making a step change in our capability to deliver technology improvement and innovation.
As part of a major transformation programme and restructure, we are seeking a new Head of Service Operations to be part of the IT Senior Management team, contribute to the IT Strategy and lead their team to deliver on the function’s objectives. This a senior role that is accountable for 150 services and a £20m budget.
Key responsibilities of this role will include:
- A new service operations team that will support all IT services for the MC
- Drive best practises in Service Management by promoting continuous improvement and making sure that IT services are delivered effectively and efficiently
- Agree, measure and reporting on Key Performance Indicators
- Direct the teams that manage the 24x7 Service Desk, Application Operations and Infrastructure Operations
- Initiate engagement to understand current perceived levels of customer service and initiate improvement plan
- Accountable for all operational activities for the I&T directorate
- Accountable for the delivery of services by means of cross-team coordination, collaboration and flexibility, avoiding technical silos within the directorate
- Be responsible for ensuring all live digital, data and technology services meet their performance requirements encompassing customer-facing and infrastructure services
- Provide leadership, coaching and mentoring across the I&T Directorate
- Accountable for relationship management and on-going management of internal and external suppliers
- Works closely with senior colleagues within the Directorate wider Agency, pulling the right technical expertise where necessary.
- Reviews all processes, practices and tools ensuring they are both fit for purpose and fit for use
For further information or to apply please contact Daniel White on 0208 253 1800