Head of Delivery ManagementRegister for Job Alert
Do you pride yourself on your ability to lead and manage delivery teams and suppliers?
Are you looking for that role which allows you to make a real difference?
If so, we would love to hear from you!
The Maritime & Coastguard Agency has started an ambitious IT transformation programme that will deliver improved capability across an expanded IT workforce. We aim to improve all technology services whilst supporting the wider business on its own transformation requirements and ensuring IT aligns to their needs.
We are looking for a Head of Delivery Management to operate within our Southampton based MCA team. You will be accountable for the delivery of complex products and services delivered by a multitude of teams across the MCA.
This role provides you with a fantastic opportunity to lead a key function within IT at the MCA, helping to shape and create an environment that makes a real difference for the UK public.
Roles Responsibilities include and not limited to:
• Designing and implementing the digital, data and technology delivery management strategy, policies and processes required for successful delivery of the technology portfolio.
• Managing the delivery of MCA digital, data and technology portfolio, projects and initiatives including infrastructure and applications.
• Providing effective delivery governance and control across MCA.
• Ensuring the portfolio, programmes and projects meet agreed objectives, quality and timescales.
• Financial management change management and benefits realisation.
• Leading the Information & Technology Delivery teams.
• Managing day-to-day relationships with external suppliers.
• Providing delivery input to business cases.
• Contributing to an agile, fast paced organisation.
Please see the attached Role Profile for an in-depth view of the post.
You will operate to a normal weekday working pattern consisting of a 7.4 hour working day and over the course of a year you will work 1931 net conditioned hours. You will sometimes be required to occasionally work outside of normal conditioned hours, and to work/travel on official duty within the UK and short-term visits overseas.
Does this sound like you?
- Hardworking, resilient and flexible in the way you work.
- Enjoys building positive working relationships, engaging and influencing colleagues at all levels.
- Enjoys a varied and busy workload and is able to manage multiple projects and deadlines.
- Has a track record of producing work that is of high quality
You will also have experience in and be competent in the following areas:
- Leading and managing effective delivery teams and suppliers.
- Developing relationships with senior stakeholders.
- Managing conflicting demands and prioritising workloads that benefit the business.
- Background working in the technology industry with an understanding of industry trends.
- Background collaborating across multiple teams, building relationships and influencing change.
You will also be computer-literate, with a working knowledge of Microsoft Office packages like Word, Excel and Outlook, and be able to learn and use bespoke programmes and software.