Executive Director of Information & Digital TechnologyRegister for Job Alert
With nationwide reach, we’re made up of nearly 4,500 employees and volunteers, across 450 sites across the UK. We task the biggest airborne fleet in the government outside the armed services, operate a coastguard operation that sells its expertise around the world, set the standards in the growing shipping sector and will increasingly play a lead role in enabling and delivering the huge amount of innovation that will take place within the maritime sector in the coming years.
The technology infrastructure that drives this relies on leading edge hardware and software systems. It is almost unique outside the defence sector. Whilst we are a high performing organisation, we still have work to do. Technology and digital innovation are increasingly critical to our delivery, and the potential for digital ways of working to enable even higher levels of performance are abundant. We are intending to make a step change in our capability to deliver technology improvement and innovation. That is what this role is about.
As part of a major transformation programme and restructure, we are seeking a new Executive Director to support not only the formulation of the right strategy, but to lead the right team to deliver it. Key responsibilities of this role will include:
• Driving the development of a strategy and roadmap as part of a highly capable executive team;
• Relationship management across a complex range of stakeholders, both internal and external, to the highest levels;
• Ensuring robust governance and high performance across a wide, multi-million-pound project portfolio;
• Driving the adoption of cutting-edge digital technologies and agile ways of working across the business;
• The design and inspirational leadership of a substantial team of technology professionals;
• Driving architecture and engineering practices that support everything from our day-to-day systems to communication across our own satellite network;
• Ensuring delivery at both pace and scale, within a risk framework that allows the organisation to be as agile as possible.
This is a phenomenal opportunity to develop and drive a strategic change agenda from the highest level within a truly unique organisation. Our staff are committed and inspirational, our technology estate is unparalleled, and our work affects millions of people across the UK and its waters. Your work with us will not only help us to save countless lives for years to come; but successfully position you for the role of your choosing in the future. Dare to be different.
Please email MCA@global-resourcing.com for an information pack and how to apply, or If you wish to arrange an informal and confidential conversation.
Applications to be received by 9am Monday 17th June 2019