Head of Product DevelopmentRegister for Job Alert
An opportunity to work for a global leader in the design, integration, control, and management of advanced surveillance technology and networked security systems.
This is a key leadership role, accountable for product development across the full range of a leading technology portfolio. A key focus on transitioning products from traditional Desktop and Server based products to cyber secure cloud services. Experience in managing and leading teams through change to historical ways of working.
The role has external-facing responsibilities, in terms of staying up-to-date with market and technology developments. Further, a key component is to contribute to and translate the agreed business strategy, product roadmap, and critical customer requirements into effectively designed, planned, and executed product development – through a well-led product development team, effective application of Agile development methodology, and an innovation strategy.
• Leading, coaching, developing and building a high-performing development team
• Helping to continually evolve and improve our product strategy, in collaboration with business strategy director, business strategy team, and key stakeholders
• Creating and maintaining, the product development plan
• Developing and reviewing our products in line with business strategy, roadmap, and critical customer requirements
• Ensuring Agile approach to product development is sustained and optimally applied
• Collaborating with colleagues and other key stakeholders to meet agreed deliverables
• Keeping our development up-to-date with emerging technologies, standards, and approaches
Key Personal Attributes and Skills:
• Enthusiastic and influential leader – with strong people skills to help set clear product direction, to engage well with key stakeholders (externally and internally), and to lead product development team
• Committed and effective team player – to collaborate well with others in business strategy team, own product development team, and cross-functionally - to harness wider capability and to work effectively in a matrix environment
• Excellent communication skills – to actively listen to external requirements and trends, and to key stakeholders internally, and to be an articulate and confident communicator
• High intellect – to ensure holistic and coherent thinking to align product development to product roadmap and business strategy
• Analytical, enquiring, and investigative mind – adept at synthesising various technologies and capabilities into our products in a way that customers will love
• Creative and innovative – to effectively exploit current, leading, and emerging thinking
• Agile process-oriented – to sustain and optimise Agile process development team
• Technologically-savvy – to fully exploit emerging technology to keep our product vision and roadmap relevant and compelling for customers
• High technical capability – to be able to lead, architect, and design technically sophisticated solutions to meet challenging market and customer needs
Qualifications and Experience:
• Master’s degree in computer science / engineering desirable
• Multi-sector, product development experience, including:
o leading teams of product / software developers
o designing and developing sophisticated software products
o experience of coding using more than one recognised industry standard language (e.g.: C++, .Net, C#, Java) and on cloud platforms including AWS and Azure
• Track record of quantified achievements in software and hardware development
• Agile product development and leading teams in an Agile environment
• Experience in managing and leading teams through change and implementing new ways of working.