The University of Sussex is a leading academic institution nestled in the beautiful South Downs, on the outskirts of Brighton. With staff and students from over 100 countries, we are a diverse and innovative environment, and one of the highest performing universities in the world. We are also a major local employer, with a revenue of over £320m per year and over 3,000 employees.
Led by an award-winning Chief Digital Transformation Officer and inspirational leadership team, we are now embarking on an ambitious programme of transformational change. Over the coming years, this digital transition will be an ever-developing programme supported by senior stakeholders both financially and strategically. Put simply, whilst we are already a highly successful organisation and business, the University will be a very different world in years to come and achieve levels of performance and digital delivery as yet unseen in the sector. All of this is underpinned by major construction and estate renewal, an exciting programme of work to add thousands of accommodation spaces, and a network replacement project to install the latest digital infrastructure as part of the journey towards a fully data-enabled organisation.
We are moving to an agile world and need to take the organisation on the same journey; to be sector leading and to deliver a model of digital delivery fit for the coming years. As this programme gains momentum, we need more people to join us as we unpick our challenges and legacy systems and move towards meeting our potential.
A critical part of this is the modernisation and replacement of our legacy networks, including major civils to replace physical infrastructure, our Cyber Security Plus programme, and moving our data centres to the cloud. Reporting into the Platforms & Infrastructure Manager, the Platforms & Infrastructure Engineer (Linux & Mac), will be a key member of the IT Services Team and play a crucial role in the ongoing digital transformation journey and be expected to:
- Support and maintain an extensive portfolio of Linux and Mac services, technologies, related storage and server platforms and integrated management software.
- Be responsible for securely managing and monitoring services, ensuring we deliver a seamless environment and experience for all our staff and students.
- Provide objective and expert information, advice, and guidance for managers within the organisation on improvements to services and activities related to a specific area of expertise.
- Support the implementation of improvement solutions through planning and project management.
- Work across the IT Team and Business, translating technical information into non-technical information.
- Balance effectiveness and cost-efficiency in support of budgets
- Have a minimum of two years’ experience working in a similar role
- Have effective communication skills and ability to work within a small team and on own initiative
- Have experience of configuring, securing, operating and monitoring Linux and Mac Infrastructures, platforms, operating systems and supporting services
- Have experience of securely configuring and operating standard Linux and Mac service applications and middleware e.g.: DNS, DHCP, SMTP, TCP/IP, SAML, LAN routing and switching (using Bash, Perl, Python, Ruby scripting, etc.).
- Have experience of Linux and Mac client endpoint management, imaging, deployment, and patching (e.g., Cobbler and Munki).
Not only do we offer flexible and remote working, a vibrant atmosphere, use of our incredible facilities, benefits, and an amazing pension; but we are offering the opportunity to be part of a transformation that will see us set the benchmark for a model of digital delivery in the HE sector.
Application Closing date
Monday 11th April 2022
First Stage Interviews
Tuesday 19th April
Wednesday 27th April