Director of ICT ServicesRegister for Job Alert
Sherborne School is a boys’ independent boarding school situated in the heart of Sherborne Abbey. Founded by Royal Charter in 1550, the school has roots going back to the origins of the See of Sherborne in 705. There are eight beautiful boarding houses with a total of about 600 boys (aged 13-18). Sherborne Preparatory School is a co-educational preparatory school with over 200 pupils aged from 3 to 13. Following a number of years as a standalone school it successfully merged with Sherborne School in 2021.
The Sherborne Group is reliant on technology across a range of activities including the use of creative technologies in support of learning and teaching, the use of technology to recruit pupils and the provision of core services relating to infrastructure and business operations.
The critical position of Director of IT Services is a key leadership role to maintain and shape the technology and services the school uses for years to come. You will provide strategic and operational leadership of Group-wide ICT infrastructure, support and services and provide innovative technology solutions to further improve the effectiveness Sherborne’s world class delivery of education.
As a passionate and enthusiastic leader as the Director of ICT Services your role will include:
- Develop and lead a professional team of ICT Services staff to provide a high-quality services for learning, teaching, business operations and core infrastructure, utilising innovative and creative ICT platforms accordingly.
- Support the Bursar in conveying the “art of the possible” to the School’s leadership team as part of driving digital understanding and adoption at a strategic level
- Establish a technological blueprint for the School (and Group) that enables the effective deliver of the School’s objectives as articulated through its Development Plan.
- Leading and motivating ICT Services staff; managing staff performance; developing effective and efficient working practices whilst maintaining high levels of productivity, quality and morale; developing leadership and technical skills in the ICT Services staff; identifying future talent and ensuring effective succession planning.
- Recruit, manage and develop the team, setting stretching objectives and appropriate professional performance standards.
- Ensuring delivery of ICT Services within budget and to time and quality standards.
- Forecasting and managing costs, driving value for money through effective procurement and contract management
- Determine, implement, maintain and advocate standards, practices, policies and training for the application and use of digital technology across the Group and management of risks arising from it.
- Engage effectively with professional issues and debates around information technology, including participation in external bodies both within and beyond the independent school sector and act upon these as appropriate to enhance ICT provision within the Group
The role of the Director of ICT Services covers all aspects of the technology within the school, and this is an overview of the responsibilities. This is a unique role that allows you to unlock the capability of Sherborne’s growing team while unlocking the technology capabilities within the school.
Should you like to discuss the role in more detail, please contact our chosen executive search provider, Global Resourcing, by emailing Sherborne@global-resourcing.com or by calling 020 8253 1806 for a confidential conversation.
We encourage applications from people of all backgrounds as we champion diversity and inclusion create a workplace where everyone feels valued and a sense of belonging.