Chief Technology OfficerRegister for Job Alert
The NCA is undergoing a major transformation journey with digital, data and technology services at its heart in order to operate securely and efficiently against the most prolific individuals and groups that cause significant harm to the UK and its citizens through Serious and Organised Crime.
This is a senior leadership role within the NCA, leading on technology strategy, demand management, enterprise architecture, design and architectural assurance to drive organisational performance outcomes. You will also play a key role as part of the NCA leadership team to build a modern, data driven, inclusive organisation that operates effectively with partners both nationally and overseas.
You will be part of a wider leadership team that supports operational business areas to build strategic capabilities through business process re-engineering, unlocking productivity gains and delivering a richer data-led experience for all NCA staff to support operational demand across a broad range of SOC threats. As the CTO you will be responsible for defining, designing and maintaining an enterprise architecture for the NCA and promoting the benefits this delivers to non-technical audiences. This requires close alignment with National Security and Law Enforcement partners to ensure data can be shared safely and efficiently.
You will be responsible for the IT Strategy; setting IT policy and standards; building an enterprise architecture for NCA (together with standards, processes, methods); creating design patterns and roadmaps for each element of the architecture; ensuring compliance against that architecture; and building the necessary skills across the NCA.
The CTO is also responsible for managing operational demand placed upon data and technology services to ensure that solutions are fit for purpose, deliver operational benefits are aligned to the technology strategy. This includes understanding the Agency risk exposure to both Core and Local IT systems, with mitigations put in place.
This role will present a unique opportunity to play a key role in shaping and delivering important capabilities at the national level; to be part of a committed, forward-looking senior team; to work alongside peers in the National Security and Law Enforcement community to drive interoperability; and to deliver business results which contribute directly to the safety and security of the UK, its citizens and its economy.
- Deliver effective business management - to support the delivery of Agency transformation.
- Lead and develop agency process and procedure - to drive operational outcomes.
- Act as a role model who leads, inspires, motivates, empowers and develops officers within own Command and across the Agency and achieves high standards for both self and others.
- Inspires confidence at the highest level. Regularly steps outside own command and actively influences peers, senior leaders and key stakeholders to further NCA aims.
- Create and build constructive and positive partnerships and actively seek to build collaborative working arrangements within the Agency, Home Office, wider Government and the Law Enforcement community in the UK and abroad
*It is essential that the candidates are able to acquire and retain DV status*
This role can be based in Bristol, Wakefield & Leicester, London, Birmingham or Warrington.
For more information or to apply please contact Roshit Raj or Gunita Abele at NCA-CTO@global-resourcing.com or call 0208253180