Lead Domain Architect – Corporate ServicesRegister for Job Alert
Almost every individual and business in the UK is a direct customer of HMRC, as we collect the money that pays for the UK’s public services and gives people who need it vital financial support. Over recent and coming years, our work never has been, nor will be, more critical as we rebuild and secure our nation’s future.
With these demands in mind, and as one of the largest and most digitally focussed organisations in the UK, we are undergoing a thrilling change programme. This era will see us cement our position as a fiscal world leader, with a real-time, resilient, and fully digital tax system.
As part of this transformation, we require several skilled and specialist architecture leaders to ensure that the decisions that we make are consistent with our strategic ambitions, and that our technology estate is nothing short of world leading.
An essential part of this transformation are our Lead Domain Architects; senior leaders who are able to guide the design and standards across our architecture to support the delivery of IT change and tangible business benefits. This change includes several key strategic digital priorities, such as real-time transactional information and a single customer account, enabling customers to access all their data and undertake all their interactions with HMRC in one place.
As a skilled Lead Domain Architect, you will:
- Act as a technology advocate across our large and complex business to the highest levels, gaining both understanding and proactive support for change.
- Connect architectural strategy and delivery by building a broad range of connections across HMRC to enable architectural advancements in your Domain.
- Provide the leadership and direction to drive the alignment of business need, architecture strategy, and established governance and standards.
- Enable HMRC to become an “intelligent customer” in working with suppliers.
- Utilise your technology thought-leadership to innovate and enable the delivery of a world class service to our customers.
- Lead support and enable a focussed team of Architects through a transformational journey.
- Work with our Chief Technology Officer and a broad range of technical colleagues and partners, to support the design of a world-class architecture and platform.
- Collaborate with business and technical stakeholders to develop blueprints and roadmaps that are aligned and mutually beneficial.
- Support the realisation of solution through architecture into delivery, roll-out and operation, and full systems lifecycle management including evergreening technology platforms.
- Analyse the technology industry trends that could apply to HMRC and lead the adoption of new and innovative technology.
As an established expert and leader in the field of architecture, you will have extensive experience of providing clarity in ambiguity and providing thought leadership to your domain through a significant period of transformation.
Chief Domain Architect- Corporate Services
The role of the Chief Architect is that of a senior leader able to promote and support the delivery of IT change, through design and architecture that will support our corporate services including Finance, HR, and Estates.
Candidates will have a background in solution architecture to develop design that improve customer services, reduce risk, improve resilience, reduce operating cost, and improve reliability of these critical services. Experience of leading packages and platforms to support these areas is highly beneficial.
Experience of new and innovative tools and technologies to support our internal workforce and estate would be an advantage. It is anticipated that the candidates will have an excellent practical knowledge of the architecture to deliver Management Information, Dashboards and Reporting to support these functions. The use of SaaS (Software as a Service) solutions to accelerate business value and a good practical understanding of security will be useful.
An ability to identify and resolve emerging issues in the development of solution designs will be a significant advantage, as is an awareness of evolving and emerging trends and any knowledge of SAP Finance and HR modules would also be advantageous.
In return for your endeavours, you can expect to work in a forward-thinking team modernising and shaping architectural practices in one of the largest customer centric organisations throughout the UK. We offer multiple locations, fantastic modern offices, flexible working, and an incredible pension.
For further information or to apply please email HMRC-LDA-Corporate@global-resourcing.com or contact Rachel Ellis or Dave Flynn on 020 8253 1806 to arrange an informal conversation.