Technical Specialist - MS DynamicsRegister for Job Alert
The University of Sussex is a leading academic institution nestled in the beautiful South Downs, on the outskirts of Brighton. With staff and students from over 100 countries, we are a diverse and innovative environment, and one of the highest performing universities in the world. We are also a major local employer, with a revenue of over £320m per year and over 3,000 employees.
Led by an award-winning Chief Digital Transformation Officer and inspirational leadership team, we are now embarking on an ambitious programme of transformational change. Over the coming years, this digital transition will be an ever-developing programme supported by senior stakeholders both financially and strategically. Put simply, whilst we are already a highly successful organisation and business, the University will be a very different world in years to come and achieve levels of performance and digital delivery as yet unseen in the sector. All of this is underpinned by major civils, an exciting programme of work to add thousands of accommodation spaces, and a network replacement project to install the latest digital infrastructure as part of the journey towards a fully data-enabled organisation.
As this programme gains momentum, we need more people to join us as we unpick our challenges and legacy systems. We are moving to an agile world and need to take the organisation on the same journey to be sector leading and to deliver a model of digital delivery fit for the coming years.
This is a thrilling greenfield opportunity to implement dynamics for the University as the SME and thought leader in the space. Reporting to the Head of Software Development & Delivery, the Technical Specialist for MS Dynamics will be able to:
- Demonstrate excellent technical competence and the prior knowledge gained from the leadership of an MS Dynamics implementation
- Land and define the roadmap for the implementation of MS Dynamics
- Provide development Subject Matter Expertise (SME) to key project(s)
- Supplier management and direction to ensure delivery to key milestones and budgets
- Overcome challenges and utilise their experience to navigate
- Work with and influence a capable team of Business Analysts and Project Managers to deliver a range of projects against customer requirements
- Lead on the training and upskilling of colleagues.
- Deliver a viable MS Dynamics platform for the longer term.
Not only do we offer flexible and remote working, a vibrant atmosphere, use of our incredible facilities, benefits and an amazing pension; but we are offering the opportunity to be part of a transformation that will see us set the benchmark for a model of digital delivery in the HE sector.