Senior Responsible Owner - National Law Enforcement Data ProgrammeRegister for Job Alert
The National Law Enforcement Data Programme (NLEDP) has been established to deliver a modern, national data service better able to support the operational needs of policing and law enforcement.
There is a clear and urgent need to modernise how law enforcement maintains and consumes the national record of people and objects (such as vehicles) of interest. Current services (provided through the Police National Computer (PNC)) are outdated and unable to adapt to new and changing priorities. Their technical age and frailty and associated data compliance issues present an increasing risk of operational failure to law enforcement.
The programme will deliver a product-based service meeting the needs of current PNC users allowing transition away from that system by 2025. Early releases of products will focus on ensuring business continuity is maintained minimising business change for forces, but extra value will be added where affordable and deliverable within timelines.
Products will be designed to be able to evolve and to have a roadmap for development beyond this phase. Full rollout of LEDS, such that it enables the legacy PNC solution to be decommissioned, will take several years to complete, and will require a high degree of involvement and collaboration across the user community.
As the SRO you will ultimately be accountable for ensuring the programme meets its objectives, delivers the projected outcomes, and realises the required benefits. You will be responsible for ensuring that LEDS addresses the needs of policing and other law enforcement and public protection organisations, and that the implementation approach strikes an appropriate balance between delivering at pace and managing operational risk.
Responsibilities of the role will include:
- Ensuring that NLEDP product delivery always remains focused on the key needs and priorities of the user community
- Providing advice and guidance on how best to address financial risks so that they fall in a balanced and manageable way across the sector
- Working with user organisations to understand how best to integrate LEDS products into their local environments whilst managing operational risk
- Engaging and communicating with senior stakeholders (e.g., at Ministerial, Police and Crime Commissioner, Chief Constable, to enable them to support the programme and to direct appropriate local resources to support delivery and adopt products
- Supporting the NLEDP Programme Team to deliver effectively
- Working with the NLEDP Portfolio Director to create a positive, delivery focused and collaborative culture within the programme team with a strong focus on continuous improvement
- Maintaining a strong focus on value for money and financial accountability.
As the successful candidate, you will possess experience of leadership within operational delivery and/or major change delivery in a policing or law enforcement context. You will have gravitas and the ability to influence, with a demonstrable experience of building and maintaining strong working relationships with a wide range of senior stakeholders.
This is a unique opportunity to support and help shape successful operational delivery across a critical law enforcement service for decades to come. By bringing this National community together to embrace and deliver the programme, you will be responsible for enabling our incredible colleagues to protect our citizens, respond to any crisis and, ultimately, save lives.
For further information and to express an interest in this position, contact Rachel Ellis or Daniel White on 02082531806 or email NLEDP@global-resourcing.com
The Home Office is committed to being an inclusive employer with a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from people from the widest possible diversity of backgrounds, cultures, and experiences. We particularly welcome applications from Black, Asian, and Minority Ethnic (BAME) candidates, as they are under-represented within the senior civil service.