Developer (Application Support)Register for Job Alert
The University of Sussex is a leading academic institution nestled in the beautiful South Downs, on the outskirts of Brighton. With staff and students from over 100 countries, we are a diverse and innovative environment, and one of the highest performing universities in the world. We are also a major local employer, with a revenue of over £320m per year and over 3,000 employees.
Led by an award-winning Chief Digital Transformation Officer and inspirational leadership team, we are now embarking on an ambitious programme of transformational change. Over the coming years, this digital transition will be an ever-developing programme supported by senior stakeholders both financially and strategically. Put simply, whilst we are already a highly successful organisation and business, the University will be a very different world in years to come and achieve levels of performance and digital delivery as yet unseen in the sector. All of this is underpinned by major construction and estate renewal, an exciting programme of work to add thousands of accommodation spaces, and a network replacement project to install the latest digital infrastructure as part of the journey towards a fully data-enabled organisation.
We are moving to an agile world and need to take the organisation on the same journey; to be sector leading and to deliver a model of digital delivery fit for the coming years. As this programme gains momentum, we need more people to join us as we unpick our challenges and legacy systems and move towards meeting our potential.
The Developer (Application Support) will be a key member of the Team and play a crucial role in providing application support to the core business systems. You will work to address service incidents and system change requests, as well as contribute to activities to identify, build, integrate, test, debug and add new features to software systems and components.
In this role you will be expected to:
- Specialise in the use of programming languages to translate business requirements into technical solutions.
- Design, code, document and test new applications and software components.
- Work as directed, through all aspects of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), Helpdesk, co-ordinating their work with other team members, colleagues and business stakeholders as required.
- Have excellent experience of Oracle Forms (10 or 11) and Oracle Databases, including proven experience of database development with PL/SQL.
- Provide experience of programming using languages such as Java, PHP or React.
- Deputise for the Senior Developer (Application Support) as required.
- Collaborate with the Testing Team to create and execute required test plans.
- Participate in agile ceremonies such as stand ups, backlog Refinement and team retrospectives.
Not only do we offer flexible and remote working, a vibrant atmosphere, use of our incredible facilities, benefits, and an amazing pension; but we are offering the opportunity to be part of a transformation that will see us set the benchmark for a model of digital delivery in the HE sector.