Executive Director Digital Operations (CIO)Register for Job Alert
Digital Health and Care Wales (DHCW) is an exciting and newly established organisation that will achieve better health and well-being for millions of people, by providing the critical digital, data and technology services needed by health and care professionals and the people of Wales. The events of 2020 have placed even greater emphasis on the role of DHCW to support the delivery of digital transformation and, put simply, the need for our work has never been more critical.
With ambitious goals and an award winning, inspirational CEO, this is an amazing time to be joining DHCW. You will play a vital role in helping to determine and lead the future direction for digital services across NHS Wales.
Engaging with stakeholders across the Welsh Public Sector will be an important aspect to the role, implementing common standards and influencing the development of the Welsh Government Digital Policy and Strategy. You will lead, influence, and collaborate effectively across the Welsh health economy, partnering with digital leads to create a common view of how best to offer digital services to their staff, patients and service users.
The Executive Director of Digital Operations is a national leadership role in Wales with responsibility for all technological and operational service delivery for DHCW. As an Executive member of the Board, the Executive Director of Digital Operations will hold corporate responsibility jointly with other Board members for setting the strategic direction, corporate policy making, development and delivery of DHCW strategic business plans and objectives, as well as corporate governance, risk management, and quality management.
The Executive Director of Digital Operations will be responsible for implementing and delivering an ambitious and transformative digital strategy for DHCW. You will provide leadership, direction, expert advice and assurance to the DHCW Board that the digital infrastructure is agile, fit for future purpose, safe and resilient, offering value for money enabling delivery of DHCW key objectives.
As an experienced and established digital leader, your main focus will be to:
- Deliver a high performing digital and technology infrastructure and services for a range of national systems and services.
- Provide a clear vision for delivery of DHCW digital services capabilities through engaging and collaborative leadership.
- Influencing the design and development of future national ICT and digital strategies and plans
- Develop delivery programmes and applications to implement transformational changes
- Drive digital change across Wales and ensure the integration of national digital systems into local delivery plans
- Engage with key stakeholders and strategic partners across Health and Social Care, pro-actively seeking opportunities for co-designing services fit for a post pandemic future.
- Horizon scan and identify leading edge technologies to change and continuously evaluate and improve the way services and products are delivered, measuring the impact on the end users.
- Support the CEO in developing an organisational culture that is pro-active, efficient and dynamic whilst encouraging innovation and values and empowering staff.
- Contribute as an executive board member on public board to progress the digital priorities for Health and Care in NHS Wales.
This is an exceptional opportunity to be part of a new organisation directing the digital agenda across Wales, making a substantial difference to the health economy of Wales, and improving lives of citizens. As the successful candidate, you will be an ambassador of our organisational values:
- We act with integrity to build trust
- We respect and treat everyone the way we wish to be treated
- We care about the people we support and those we work with
- We are proud of our achievements and being part of NHS Wales
- We learn from our colleagues through the sharing of knowledge and experience to continually improve our service
- We take personal responsibility for what we do, being honest with ourselves and others.
If you are interested in applying for this post, please contact Rosalind Lambert or Daniel White at Global Resourcing: DHCWoperations@global-resourcing.com / 020 8253 1800
Welsh language is desirable for this post, we welcome written discussions and applications in either Welsh or English. Please note applications submitted in Welsh will not be treated less favourably than an application in English.