Platform Engineer (Dev Ops)Register for Job Alert
We are supporting our client a leading Public Sector Organisation to recruit a (DevOps) Platform Engineer.
You will be part of the team that is responsible for the development and support in a DevOps environment for all services and system tier across the full organisation.
Key responsibilities include:
- Supporting the pipeline of development, maintenance and performance enhancements of business critical solutions for the whole organisation and its customers.
- Installing, building and enhancing the system tier and deployment support model to allow for continuous deployment and availability in a DevOps environment.
- Design, develop, tests, implement and support the system Infrastructure to meet challenging deadlines, quality standards, business targets and customer requirements.
- Analyse complex business and technical issues to gain a thorough understanding and resolve any system issues.
- Install, configure and test new versions of system tier offerings, whilst minimising impact to the business
- Ensure there is 24/7 system support of business critical applications
Working in an agile environment you will play a key role in the software release process whilst also participating on multiple projects within systems engineering and application deployment.
You must be able to work independently, planning you own work and showing creativity when solving highly complex problems.
It is essential that you have programming skills within a system tier environment, with strong Unix/Linus administration skills alongside Shell Scripting and Jython scripting language skills.
Candidates should be able to demonstrate good experience of using DevOps tools, including, Terraform, Fog, Puppet, and Jenkins among others.
interested candidates are encouraged to apply immediately.