Deputy Director - Digital & DataRegister for Job Alert
The University of Bath is one of the country’s leading academic organisations, and a complex business with nearly 19,000 students. Not only is Bath University ranked in the top ten in the UK, but it is consistently named one of the best universities and research institutions in the world.
Over the last ten years, we have invested over £450m in our stunning campus, with cutting edge teaching and sporting facilities, and market leading technology enabled accommodation. But our continuous improvement now focuses heavily on our data driven digital capabilities and services, as we push into a new era of innovation and digital readiness to ensure that we continue to be at the forefront of academia.
Our Chief Digital & Information Officer (CDIO) is leading a complex digital and technology transformation that will ensure that we continue to meet the current demands of our customers, but that we improve and innovate continuously in the future.
As a result of this complex and comprehensive transformation programme, we have created the new senior management position of ‘Deputy Director - Digital & Data’. This critical and new vacancy will play a central role in how we design our services and bring data into the heart of our decision making.
Key deliverables will include:
- Crafting a market leading and multifaceted data strategy, whilst growing our data maturity and culture.
- Driving innovation and the adoption of world-class technology practices, including AI & machine learning.
- Supporting the delivery of our intelligent campus and IOT capability.
- Designing a target operating model that will enable success and the attraction of more market leading talent.
- Guiding the redesign and modernisation of our architecture by positioning data and digital innovation at its core.
- Ensuring the current and future resilience of our data governance and cyber security.
- Steering the design and agile delivery of market leading digital products and services.
- Growing our existing understanding of data analytics, data science and business intelligence.
- Building and leading an exceptional team.
This is an exceptionally well designed and positioned role, harmonising the key components of digital and cultural transformation in the modern era. As a critical part of the senior management team, you will work closely with an incredible CD&IO and existing team as a vital addition to our team.
We seek candidates with not only the right transformative skills, but those with ambition, collaboration, innovation and disruption. As the appointed candidate, you will not only drive a thrilling transformation, but cement your own career and reputation as a market leading digital and data professional.