Senior User ResearcherRegister for Job Alert
We are looking for an experienced User Researcher to plan and lead user research activities on a number of complex services.
● Lead on user-centred design initiatives across the organisation by providing expertise in user experience, and lead on the implementation of user research on the project level.
● Lead on user experience in the agile development environment with both internal and external agency designers, developers and product managers to support the organisation to create new digital products and services focused on users.
● Effectively oversee the work of external agency user researchers, as appropriate. Create an environment for knowledge transfer between external agency user researchers and the organisation. Analyse and evaluate data from various sources to identify pros and cons and identify risks in order to make well-considered decisions.
● Drive the creation of high-quality user research artefacts for service design, including personas, experience models, and reports from qualitative and quantitative user research.
● Provide senior counsel to stakeholders ranging from Directors to junior staff; presenting potentially complex research with complex user requirements as clear and compelling recommendations.
● Build user-centred practices and delivery patterns for the user research in new teams.
● Align user research activities with wider strategies to inform a service proposition and inform decision making.
● Supervise and develop other user researchers to assure and improve research practice.
● Lead the transformation of services to users, moving to a digital approach whenever possible.
● Experience of working across multidisciplinary teams within collaborative agile environments and the ability to maintain effective performance in complex and challenging circumstances.
● Excellent internal and external relationship management skills, with the ability to influence senior managers and experts and work in a pressurised environment, dealing with conflict and challenge in a calm and measured way.
● Experience in research for assisted digital and accessibility requirements.
● Excellent planning of the research scope for the projects, manage expectations and deliverables for tech and non-tech audiences.
● Proven experience in design and conduct user research - both qualitative and quantitative within a complex enterprise environment.
● familiarity with GOV.UK design patterns, style guidance, plain English standards and/or the GDS service manual