Chief Technology OfficerRegister for Job Alert
Almost every individual and business in the UK is a direct customer of HMRC, as we collect the money that pays for the UK’s public services and gives people who need it vital financial support. Over recent and coming years, our work never has been, nor will be, more critical as we rebuild and secure our nations future.
With these demands in mind, and as one of the largest and most digitally focussed organisations in the UK, we are undergoing a thrilling change programme. This era will see us cement our position as a world leader, with a real-time, resilient, and fully digital tax system. Our team of 4,000 digital stars is in fact undertaking one of the biggest digital and technology transformations in Europe, as we drive towards a high performing landscape of cutting edge technology.
As a result, we have worked hard to design a new Chief Technology Officer (CTO) position that will lead the technology elements of our change programme, enabling us to move from our current architecture of several hundred legacy systems to a single digital platform, and one of the leading technology estates in the UK.
As a market-leading CTO you will:
- Demonstrate your prowess as a thought-leader within application and platform architecture to design innovative solutions.
- Lead, support and enable a large team of technology professionals through a transformational journey.
- Adopt the latest technology and trends to cement our position as an innovative market-leading technology organisation.
- Work with a broad range of technical colleagues and partners to design a world-class architecture and platform.
- Network and collaborate across Government and wider partners to ensure that the latest innovative thinking and technology strategies are shared.
- Influence, educate and enlighten a wide range of complex and very senior stakeholders.
As an established expert in the field of technology and architectural leadership, you will have extensive experience of guiding a large and complex organisation through a significant period of technology transformation.
Once appointed, you will play a critical part in the design and re-platforming of one of the UK’s most critical pieces of infrastructure. Your work and legacy will have an effect on millions of people and raise your profile across Government to the highest levels as an expert in your field.
For further information or to apply please email HMRCCTO@global-resourcing.com or contact Rachel Ellis or Rob Johnson on 020 8253 1806 to arrange an informal conversation.