Chief Data OfficerRegister for Job Alert
Almost every individual and business in the UK is a direct customer of HMRC, as we collect the money that pays for the UK’s public services and gives people who need it vital financial support. Over recent and coming years, our work never has been, nor will be, more critical as we rebuild and secure our nations future.
With these demands in mind, and as one of the largest and most digitally focussed organisations in the UK, we are undergoing a thrilling change programme. This era will see us cement our position as a world leader, with a real-time, resilient, and fully digital tax system. Our team of 4,000 digital stars is in fact undertaking one of the biggest digital transformations in Europe, as we drive towards a high performing culture of customer experience and data-centricity.
As a result, we have worked hard to design a new Chief Data Officer (CDO) position that will act as a spearhead for this cultural change, helping to ensure that the entire staff of 60,000 people in HMRC recognise the intrinsic value of data within our future.
As a leading data professional, the CDO will:
- Guide, design and influence all facets of our data strategy, policy, standards, and guidelines.
- Grow our data maturity through thought leadership and innovation.
- Lead a large team of data professionals on their transformational journey.
- Work with a broad range of technical colleagues and partners to design a world-class data architecture.
- Design and adopt an appropriate cloud-first infrastructure, utilising the latest tools and trends.
- Network and collaborate across Government and wider partners to ensure that not only data, but innovative thinking, is shared.
- Influence, educate and enlighten a wide range of complex and very senior stakeholders.
- Implement appropriate levels of data governance, security and privacy to our processes and architecture.
- Drive change, continuous improvement, and innovation as part of a data-centric cultural shift.
As an established leader in the field of data, you will have extensive experience of data strategy and the gravitas, communication skills and technical credibility to engage with professionals across a broad range of specialisms.
Once appointed, you will be one of the most important hires in the history of HMRC and play a critical part of the UK’s infrastructure. Your work and legacy will have an effect on millions of people and raise your profile across Government to the highest levels. Put simply, as our new Chief Data Officer, you will occupy one of the biggest data roles in the UK.
For further information or to apply please email HMRCCDO@global-resourcing.com or contact Rachel Ellis on 020 8253 1806 to arrange an informal conversation.