Data ArchitectRegister for Job Alert
You will be part of a small but growing team of architects who are at the vanguard of designing new services for Government and the Wider Public Sector, transforming how procurement is done in the Public Sector.
You will design and build data models, data systems and policies to fulfil the strategic data needs of the business and underpinning our transformative systems change programme.
You will provide advanced technical support in the research, experimentation, business analysis and use of systems technology including architecture, integration capabilities and database management.
On a daily basis you will be responsible for creating and revising conceptual and physical data models; creating data models that conform to existing standards and conventions; providing direction and guidance on data strategies; revising data dictionary definitions, governance practices, and standards; and partnering with the security architects to ensure compliance and data security and privacy mandates.
Additional responsibilities will include end-to end data lifecycle management activities, evaluating and recommending new and emerging data management and storage technologies and standards, and ensuring consistency between data management, enterprise storage and all other technical system components. This role encompasses all aspects of data management, conceptual, logical, and physical.
Core accountabilities/deliverables and ownership include:
- Organize data at the macro level.
- Organize data at the micro level, data models, for new applications.
- Provides a logical data model as a standard for the golden-source and for consuming applications to inherit.
- Provides a logical data model with elements and business rules needed for the creation of DQ rules.
- Be an active participant in the Technology & Digital Design Authority.
- Provide insight for business and technical strategies
- Provide technical advice on low level technical subjects (e.g. security, data models, data migrations etc).
- Work with delivery partners to build out capabilities
- Work with internal stakeholders to support discovery and design work
- Data analysis and synthesis
- Data communication
- Data governance
- Data innovation
- Strategic thinking (data architecture)
Skills and Experience:
- Communicating between the technical and the non-technical
Able to effectively translate and accurately communicate across technical and non-technical stakeholders as well as facilitating discussions within a multidisciplinary team, with potentially difficult dynamics. Able to advocate for the team externally and can manage differing perspectives.
- Data modelling
Understands the concepts and principles of data modelling and is able to produce, maintain and update relevant data models for specific business needs. Reverse engineers data models from a live system.
- Data standards
Develops data standards for a specific component. Analyses where data standards have been applied or breached and undertakes an impact analysis of that breach.
- Metadata management
Works with metadata repositories to complete complex tasks such as data and systems integration impact analysis. Maintains a repository to ensure information remains accurate and up to date.
- Turning business problems into data design
Designs data architecture by dealing with specific business problems and aligning it to enterprise-wide standards and principles. Works within the context of well understood architecture and identifies appropriate patterns.
- Changing and improving
- Collaborating and partnering
- Leading and communicating
- Making effective decisions
- Seeing the big picture