Senior Responsible Officer (SRO) Emergency Services Communications ProgrammeRegister for Job Alert
The Emergency Services Communications Programme (ESCP) aims to transform the technology that Britain’s emergency services use by building a new Emergency Services Network (ESN). Not only will it improve the transmission of fast, safe, and secure voice communications, but also carry video and data across a new digital network, revolutionising public and emergency services. By modernising our systems, we will enable first responders to gain immediate access to life-saving data, images and information in real-time situations and emergencies on the frontline.
As we enter the next phase of delivery, with new delivery capability, new programme leadership in place, and a technology solution that is working; we require a new Senior Responsible Officer (SRO) to drive market engagement and programmatic leadership and accountability.
As the SRO you will be accountable for ensuring the programme meets its objectives, delivers the projected outcomes, and realises the benefits that our stakeholders need. This critical role will enable thousands of police, paramedics, firefighters and first responders in Britain to deliver the best possible service for the public, using technology that can be relied upon to deliver in the toughest operational circumstances.
Responsibilities of the role will include:
- Ensuring that ESN addresses the needs of Emergency Services organisations via continuous and qualitative engagement across the user landscape Nationally;
- Working with user organisations to understand how best to integrate ESN into their local environments whilst managing operational integrity;
- Ensuring that the implementation approach strikes an appropriate balance between delivering at pace and managing operational risk. Maintaining the safety of Emergency Services workers and the communities they serve will always be your top priority;
- Ensuring that ESN programme and delivery teams remain focused on the key needs and priorities of Emergency Services user communities at all times;
- Providing advice and guidance to funding organisations on how best to address financial risks;
- Engaging and communicating with senior stakeholders and Ministers to ensure that the programme has the resources to deliver;
- Continuously seeking opportunities for innovation, improvement, efficiency and value for money;
- Using charismatic leadership to create and drive the direction, mission and vision of the programme across the delivery landscape towards a common goal.
As the successful candidate, you will possess experience of leadership within operational delivery and/or major change delivery in an Emergency Services context. You will have gravitas and the ability to influence, with a demonstrable experience of building and maintaining strong working relationships with a wide range of senior stakeholders.
This is a unique opportunity to support and help shape successful operational delivery across hundreds of critical and emergency services for decades to come. By bringing this National community together to embrace and deliver the programme, you will be responsible for enabling our incredible colleagues to protect our citizens, respond to any crisis and, ultimately, save lives.
For further information and to express an interest in this position, contact Rachel Ellis on 02082531806 or email HomeOfficeSRO@global-resourcing.com
The successful candidate may base themselves in any existing Home Office location nationally but will be required to travel to London and the South East regularly.
The Home Office is committed to being an inclusive employer with a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from people from the widest possible diversity of backgrounds, cultures and experiences. We particularly welcome applications from Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) candidates, as they are under-represented within the senior civil service.