Commercial Manager – Tender, Contract, Policy, Energy, UtilityRegister for Job Alert
We are looking for someone to join a growing Commercial team and contribute to the successful delivery of the tender process and monitoring of licensees.
The role will include policy development, licence management, and activities associated with the operation and delivery of multiple tender processes. The postholder will have ownership and responsibility for specific projects, managing these to ensure successful delivery of key milestone for relevant tender processes. This is likely to include contributing to the design, implementation and operational delivery of tenders, as well as assisting in the reporting of key stage outcomes and forward planning project deliverables.
Specific areas of responsibility will include:
- Responsibility for managing the delivery of some aspects of the tender process, such as contributing to the design and preparation of tender documentation and coordinating the project qualification processes;
- Acting as a point of contact in relevant commercial elements of the tender and transaction phase of one or more specific projects;
- Contributing to the continuous improvement of the tenders and transactions process, such as identifying risks, issues and concerns and helping to develop effective solutions to address these; and
- Assisting with the monitoring and compliance function of the team, including management of claims made by licensees and ensuring compliance with licence obligations
Key Skills & Experience:
- Knowledge and experience of co-ordinating and managing tender and/or contract management processes
- Analytical mind-set with strong commercial acumen;
- Demonstrative experience in managing multiple workstreams and multiple stakeholders, including interaction with internal and external teams (eg external legal, technical and financial advisers),with a strong track record of delivery against challenging deadlines; and
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience or knowledge of project finance, regulatory finance and/or major infrastructure development;
- Experience of working in a policy environment, and helping shape new and existing policies; and
- Familiarity with the energy and utility networks sectors, such as an understanding of the concepts and application of economic regulation.