Director Enterprise ServicesRegister for Job Alert
Director Enterprise Services
Salary: c.£130-150k (Cabinet Office rules on pay apply to Civil Servants)
Location: The role can be based in either Manchester, Croydon, Sheffield or Southport with regular travel to London.
The Home Office is a major government department with a fundamentally compelling mission: to keep Britain’s streets safe and its borders secure. The Digital, Data and Technology function was set up within the Home Office to not only change the way that people access and use its services, but to ensure that everyone has the tools and technology they need to keep our country safer than ever.
We support a great breadth of services including over 3 million visas applications, checks on 100 million border crossings, 5 million passport applications and 140 million police checks on people, vehicles and property.
This highly impactful role will be responsible for the 24/7 operational management and successful sustainment of all enterprise technology services. Leading a team of 1k professionals, you will use your experience and creativity to further build both the technical and talent capability whilst engaging and enhancing supplier relationships, ensuring value for money and driving efficiencies. You will work within a highly talented and dedicated executive management team who are passionate about what they do, shaping an exciting agenda for the future with the chance to influence issues that directly affect millions of people’s lives.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Maintaining and ensuring the effective 24/7, 365 days a year operation and service management of Enterprise Services across a complex technology estate, whilst embedding best practice with particular focus on availability, performance, data integrity, cyber-security and active risk management
- Direct major incident management as required, including post-incident recovery and analysis, insightful problem management and effective change management for both traditional and ‘Dev-Ops’ operating models
- Holding suppliers to account for high quality outputs as the senior relationship and contracts owner with strategic oversight of service contracts and SLA’s totaling c.£300m+
- Provide professional leadership, mentoring and direction
- Engage with senior stakeholders and build relationships across the Home Office and externally
To be successful in this role you will have experience of:
- Strong leadership credentials, with experience of building, developing and leading large multi-disciplinary technology and operations teams that are seen as exemplary in the delivery of services.
- Deep experience of high-tempo and critical technology operations, including in times of challenge. Highly resilient, with ability to remain calm under pressure and produce effective, strategic response plans.
- Track record of delivering complex IT infrastructure programmes, at scale, and ideally with experience of hybrid cloud-based and ‘on-premise’ solutions in an exacting security environment.
- Solid technology and systems engineering background, able to direct complex problem solving across specialist teams with credibility.
- Sound experience of large budget management and ability to drive down costs to achieve best value for money.
- Strong commercial acumen, able to develop and sustain high-value relationships and leverage those to develop and deliver coherent sourcing strategies across the supply chain.
- Confident in engaging and working with senior stakeholders in a client organisation and with executive-level leaders in IT suppliers.
- Very strong oral and written communications and an ability to convey complex technical issues to non-specialist stakeholders including at Ministerial level.
We have an incredibly broad remit at the Home Office, with our work affecting every citizen of the country. It’s essential that our organisation reflects the very best of 21st century Britain and we encourage applications from all backgrounds and circumstances. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.
What’s in it for you?
This is a unique, high-profile opportunity to join an exceptional team within an ambitious and influential government department. We’re proud to invest in our employees to help them to develop and achieve their professional goals, as such you'll break new ground and most certainly further your own profile and career whilst working at the forefront of delivering cutting edge solutions that will have a significant impact on the UK for years to come.
How to apply
For an informal and confidential conversation please contact Sarah Luxford or Daniel White on 020 8253 1800 or email HomeOffice@global-resourcing.com for an official candidate information pack which provides further content and full details on how to apply. Or see details of the role on Civil Service Jobs, Director Enterprise Services
Please note that for a full application to be accepted a CV, Suitability Statement plus a Diversity, Guaranteed Interview Scheme Form (where applicable) and Nationality Form is required. Please note the documents stated are mandatory and can be found within the official candidate information pack. Please email HomeOffice@global-resourcing.com to receive your pack today. Applications that do not include all the required documents will not be accepted.
The successful candidate will be required to obtain Security Cleared (SC) level clearance before taking up post with the possibility of obtaining Developed Vetting (DV) in the future if needed.
Applications to be received by 23:55 Monday 27th April 2020