Assistant Director, Service TransformationRegister for Job Alert
Up to £110,000 per annum, plus benefits
Further information on this exciting role and how to apply can be found via our dedicated microsite: https://www.global-resourcing.com/executive/essexcc/index.html.
For a confidential discussion to find out more about this role and how to apply, please contact Sarah Luxford on 020 8253 1806 or email Essex@global-resourcing.com.
Application closing date: Monday 16th March 2020
Are you a transformative digital professional? Can you play a critical role in revolutionising the way we shape and deliver our services?
We are looking for a person who will:
- bring our organisation together to adopt this service-led, user-centric approach
- manage, nurture and inspire a growing team of digital professionals
- take a collaborative approach to working
- be able to prove the outcomes and benefits that service transformation can bring
- influence and contribute to the service transformation of the county
- build relationships with district councils, emergency services, education providers (University of Essex, Anglia Ruskin) and the community
Essex County Council’s reputation as a hotspot of innovation has never been stronger. Our strategy has never been more ambitious. We continue to make Essex a thriving county to live, work and visit. It is one of the county’s largest employers, with over 7,500 staff. We provide many services including social, environmental, transport, education, planning and benefits.
Essex County Council has begun a new decade of opportunity. A new approach to service design and continuous improvement will provide improvements to our services. It will also benefit the county’s businesses, residents and visitors.
We have established this new role to meet this opportunity. It will develop our potential to deliver cutting edge customer-focused innovation. It will do this by exploiting and optimising technology and data. As member of the Senior Management Team, the role will report to the Director of Organisational Development & People (ODP).
Your responsibilities will include:
- providing strategic leadership and effective delivery of the council’s service transformation agenda
- developing an ambitious consultancy for service design and continuous improvement
- harnessing the latest digital tools and techniques to achieve goals
- increasing the uptake of new technology and data-led approaches to transform service delivery
- promoting and championing a user-centric service approach
- working with the Director of ODP and the Chief Executive to support delivery of the council’s strategy
- supporting the Director of ODP to change the way people work to make sure we achieve the council's strategic goals
- delivering new services and initiatives in Essex by nurturing new partnerships and collaborations
- developing good working relationships with elected members and council leaders
- ensuring adherence to the council’s governance, financial and legal frameworks
- providing critical insights to and playing an active role on the Transformation Board
- leading on the Council’s digital strategy
We’re looking for someone who:
- has proven experience of user-centred design and continuous improvement
- persuades others about the benefits, outcome and impact of a service design approach
- convinces senior leaders that a user-centred approach is right for customers and businesses
- brings people on a transformation journey at pace
- is practical and willing to compromise when needed
- partners with stakeholders across the council
- shows the outcome and benefits of service transformation, and delivers change
- is passionate about delivering excellent services by enabling technology and service transformation
- runs strong teams and attracts great people and skills to Essex County Council
- is bold, fearless and pragmatic
What’s in it for you?
This is a unique, high-profile opportunity to join an exceptional, high-performing team. You’ll be working for an ambitious organisation seeking to improve experience by delivering first-class services.
You’ll break new ground in the sector. In doing so, you’ll further your own profile and career. You'll also help improve thousands of people’s lives for years to come.
We invest in our employees to help them develop and achieve their professional goals. We also have a generous benefits package.
For an informal and confidential conversation please contact Sarah Luxford on 020 8253 1806 or email Essex@global-resourcing.com. You can also find details on this role and directions on how to apply via our dedicated microsite:
Applications to be received by Monday 16th March 2020
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.