Project ManagerRegister for Job Alert
Digital, Data & Technology
United Kingdom & ROI
02.09.2019 03:38 PM
The Project Manager will be responsible for cascading the vision and translate into delivery objectives for the project team. This will be achieved by:
- Developing and maintaining the project plan and leading the project to deliver the agreed outcomes within time, quality, costs and customer requirements.
- Day to day management and leadership of the project and the project team (including matrix management as appropriate) by providing effective leadership and management Controls.
- Set appropriate delivery methodologies and management of effective transition between project phases whilst setting appropriate project controls and designing the project structure and organisation appropriate to the stage / gating.
- Develop and draft the business case with input from specialists as necessary.
- Develop the budget and track delivery within the agreed budget tolerances.
- Identify skill requirements; and deploy and develop resources as required to deliver the project.
- Ensure the appropriate benefits realisation plan is in place and monitor longer term delivery of benefits against the business case.
- Identify and manage stakeholder relationships and need for senior level support whilst managing internal and external relationships as appropriate.
- Identify and manage project risks and issues; develop mitigating actions and escalate as appropriate.
- Identify and work with related projects to manage interdependencies.
- Support effective governance and decision making through corporate reporting and engaging in such a way that hold you, as a project manager, to account.
- Engage with assurance reviews and support actions on recommendations. Work with the CPMO to organise gateway reviews as required.
Specialist Skills & Requirements
- Experience of successfully managing several complex projects or may have been in a specialist or work strand lead role within a project.
- Adept at delivering, breaking down barriers and dealing with escalations.
- Knowledge of planning at a high level and getting into the detail to make things happen when needed.
- Effective leadership, interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to create a sense of community amongst the interdependent project teams.
- Proven ability to support, guide and coach project teams whilst promoting effective individual and team performance.
- Experience of influencing decision making at a senior level.
- Working knowledge of business case development and approvals skills. Understanding of Treasury Green Book 5 case model is desirable.
- Understanding of cross government controls and assurance processes e.g. governments governance process, GDS spend control and design standards etc is preferable but not essential.
- Will be beneficial to have previous Public Sector experience.
Qualifications & Professional Membership
- Prince2 practitioner and/or agile project management practitioner
- APM registered project professional
- Project leadership programme
Location: London, Liverpool or Newport