Project ManagerRegister for Job Alert
As Project Manager, you are the consummate team player, adept at managing relationships, collaborating and influencing across a variety of organisational functions. You will lead a project and development team that is charged with developing the solution for our client.
You should be proactive and fully engaged with your customer, know how to lead without authority and be comfortable managing out ambiguity and complexity from your project. You must possess a unique blend of commercial and technical acumen that includes a big-picture vision and the drive to make that vision a reality. You will seek to engage with the customer at many levels and across departments, to understand their business needs and problems and defining these in terms of business events, use cases and requirements.
Communication skills are key to success in this role. You will deliver the project requirements and must be prepared to communicate with all areas of the company to get the job done. Comprehensive experience and knowledge of IT Projects is essential.
- Act as the “voice of the customer” from the outside-in to the rest of the organization and particularly the development team
- Develop a detailed project plan and resource schedule that incorporate all the key product developments, customisations, integrations and 3rdparty systems we must deliver for this contract
- Develop and maintain a financial budget that tracks and manages the budget, forecast and actual finances of the project
- Collaborate with other stakeholders such as sales, commercial and service teams in the UK and Germany to deliver the project effectively
- Create and communicate user stories based on the customers’ needs to the team and stakeholders through the use of our standard tool set
- Manage the entire project life cycle from kick off to hand over – 20 months minimum
- Identify, raise, negotiate and manage project change orders
- Key external stakeholders – customers, suppliers, integrated system partners, associations, certification bodies, etc.
- Development team
- Business Unit Directors and Sales teams – for each market vertical
- Build and maintain a partnership that helps deliver this project on time, on budget, while reducing contractual risk and exposure
Key Personal Attributes and Skills
- Excellent experience in Agile Software Development Methodologies
- Strong leadership, diplomatic and motivational skills including the ability to lead up, across and down multiple business and technology teams
- Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment demonstrating teamwork, innovation and excellence
- Build and maintain relationships by engaging business leaders to establish credibility, solve problems, build consensus and achieve objectives
- Excellent leadership, communication (written, verbal and presentation) and interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated, decisive, with the ability to adapt to change and competing demands
- Experience negotiating contracts and project change orders with contractually demanding customers
- Experience drafting and submitting budget proposals and recommending subsequent budget changes where necessary
- Experience in successfully leading projects and programs to on-time, on-schedule and within budget close
- Experience leading, motivating and managing various project and program team sizes, including internal and external resources, while holding team accountable for performance
Qualifications and Experience
- Technical degree (or equivalent industry experience) – graduate or graduate calibre
- Complex IT Project Management experience (min. 5 years)
- Track record of quantified achievements in product management
- Professional Project Management qualification (Prince2 or PMP)
- Fluent GERMAN speaker