Senior Systems EngineerRegister for Job Alert
Digital, Data & Technology
United Kingdom & ROI
£40k - £55k
30.05.2019 12:06 PM
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES & TASKS
- Provide technical direction working with internal and external resources/suppliers to deliver solutions that meet the operational needs of the business, as directed by the IT Service Manager.
- Install new/rebuild existing servers and configure hardware, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements.
- Easily recognises system deficiencies, and implement effective solutions whilst developing and maintaining installation and configuration procedures.
- Contribute to and maintain system standards and policies.
- Research and recommend innovative technologies or system changes that can deliver improvements in efficiency and where possible identify approaches that leverage our resources and provide economies of scale.
- Manage and update the Disaster Recovery plan as required.
- Work sympathetically and effectively with IT and business staff as well as customers.
- Carry out in-house system testing as required with new systems.
- Liaise with and manage 3rd party vendors/relationships
JOB RELATED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED FOR THE POST
- Degree &/or have sufficient relevant work experience.
Job Related Knowledge
- Active Directory and Group Policies
- MS Server 2008R2 /2012 R2
- MS Exchange 2007/13 + Exchange 365
- MS SCCM and WSUS 2012
- MS DFS and namespaces
- Network Setup including TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP configuration
- Network Hardware including switches and Firewalls
- Desktop software including Office 365,– Windows 10
Cloud based phone systems
- Excellent people-management skills, and ability to motivate
- Professional and service-oriented attitude towards users and customers
- Excellent communication skills (verbal & written) for a range of audiences Able to prioritise unsupervised
- Ability to systematically troubleshoot complex problems
- Problem Solver
- Solid time management, planning and organising skills
- Capability to ensure accountability and cost-effectiveness within internal infrastructure team
- Project management experience
- Service management experience
- MCSA/MCSE 2008 – 2012 Qualified or equivalent experience
- Previous experience engineering and deploying scalable, highly available solutions utilising roles within Windows Server: DHCP, DNS, AD, Print, File Services, DFS across multiple sites.
- Competent with Microsoft SQL Server, Exchange server to Office 365 administration, architecting and implementation.
- Good understanding of HP MSA storage systems
- VCP5 (VMware vSphere 5.5 and 6). Clustering, Networking, HA, DR.
- Able to support and administer cloud based application infrastructure solutions in AWS, Oracle Cloud and others.
- Backup solution architecting and administration using Veeam and other software
- Good understanding of IPv4 Networking and IPv6. Configuration and routing on Cisco, Watchguard and other vendor hardware.