Deputy Director - Digital Portfolio LeadRegister for Job Alert
Digital, Data & Technology
United Kingdom & ROI
09.05.2019 04:04 PM
The Ministry of Justice (MOJ) is a highly complex and valuable organisation, with 70,000 staff across multiple locations nationally. MOJ Digital and Technology was set up to not only change the way that people access and use justice services, but to ensure that everyone has the tools and technology they need to keep tribunals, courts and prisons operating effectively.
We are now poised to deliver one of the biggest digital transformations in the Country and have restructured to make sure that we have the best possible talent in place to deliver it. In recent months, we have begun to drive innovation and delivery at pace, as part of a wider cultural and technological change programme to put digital at the heart of everything we do.
As part of this transformation, we are now looking to recruit to the new position of Deputy Director - Digital Portfolio Lead. This unique position will play a critical role alongside the executive team in driving delivery, performance and value for money of the Digital and Technology portfolio of work. This is one of the most interesting roles we have seen in Government and offers a bright and motivated individual, challenge, diversity and profile.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Shaping processes to govern a wide and varied portfolio of digital and technology services and programmes;
- Working closely with senior management to understand key business priorities and ensure their prioritisation and delivery via the current portfolio of services and programmes;
- Recognising and anticipating future challenges and their impact on the portfolio early
- Building the capability to robustly manage supplier performance;
- Challenge, coach and drive stakeholders and staff members across a range of disciplines, from business case writing to agile ways of working;
- Strive for a balanced portfolio and a culture that equally celebrates maintenance, continuous improvement and transformation;
To be successful in this role you will have experience of:
- Financial management of a large, complex technology budget;
- Building and managing effective digital and technology portfolio management processes across the full portfolio - including running, maintaining and changing digital and technology services;
- Building and running portfolio management in an agile environment;
- Risk management in an agile, digital and technology environment;
- Management of contracts and suppliers to drive better performance and value;
- Management of a geographically dispersed team;
The Civil Service recruits using Success Profiles. This means for each role we advertise, we consider what you will need to demonstrate in order to be successful. This gives us the best possible chance of finding the right person for the job, drives up performance and improves diversity and inclusivity.
During the application process we will be considering the following behaviours;
- Communicating and influencing
- Working together
- Delivering at pace
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.
For an informal and confidential conversation please contact Sarah Luxford on 020 8253 1800 or email MOJPortfolio@global-resourcing.com for an information pack and how to apply.
Applications to be received by 9am Monday 10th June 2019