Deputy Director - Head of InfrastructureRegister for Job Alert
The Ministry of Justice (MOJ) is a highly complex and valuable organisation, with 70,000 staff across multiple locations nationally. MOJ Digital and Technology was set up to not only change the way that people access and use justice services, but to ensure that everyone has the tools and technology they need to keep tribunals, courts and prisons operating effectively.
We are now poised to deliver one of the biggest digital transformations in the Country and have restructured to make sure that we have the best possible talent in place to deliver it. In recent months, we have begun to drive innovation and delivery at pace, as part of a wider cultural and technological change programme to put digital at the heart of everything we do.
As part of this transformation, we are now looking to recruit to the new position of Deputy Director Head of Infrastructure.
This new role, following a restructure, will be responsible for the critical management of all end user computing and infrastructure services, with the goal of modernising services to be fast, simple and meeting the changing needs of the department. You will use your experience and creativity to bridge the technical and digital, solving problems alongside a wide range of stakeholders. This is a critical role for us and will require a calm head under pressure.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Setting and owning the strategy, roadmap and transformation of all end user computing and infrastructure services
- Strategic oversight of service contracts and SLA’s with key partners, totalling over £100m;
- The growth, leadership and reorganisation of substantial team;
- Ensuring technical rigor across an infrastructure that supports over 900 buildings, 70,000 staff and 90,000+ devices;
- Embracing the latest ways of working and delivering change at pace and scale.
To be successful in this role you will have experience of:
- Leading, developing and motivating a team, using compassionate leadership to drive productivity and long-term success.
- Running complex infrastructure services at scale.
- Developing a vision, strategy and service roadmaps for infrastructure services.
- Delivering technology transformation in a large, complicated environment.
- Strong commercial acumen with ability to manage large budgets, suppliers and contracts whilst constantly seeking to enhance understanding to deliver business benefit.
- Excellent stakeholder management skills with the ability to build consensus where there are multiple and conflicting priorities.
The Civil Service recruits using Success Profiles. This means for each role we advertise, we consider what you will need to demonstrate in order to be successful. This gives us the best possible chance of finding the right person for the job, drives up performance and improves diversity and inclusivity.
During the application process we will be considering the following behaviours;
- Communicating and influencing
- Working together
- Delivering at pace
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.
For an informal and confidential conversation please contact Sarah Luxford on 020 8253 1800 or email MOJInfrastructure@global-resourcing.com for an information pack and how to apply.
Applications to be received by 9am Monday 10th June 2019