Deputy Director- Head of HMPPS DigitalRegister for Job Alert
The Ministry of Justice (MOJ) is a highly complex and valuable organisation, with 70,000 staff across multiple locations nationally. MOJ Digital and Technology was set up to not only change the way that people access and use justice services, but to ensure that everyone has the tools and technology they need to keep courts, prisons and other justice services operating effectively.
We are now poised to deliver one of the biggest digital transformations in the country and have restructured to make sure that we have the best possible talent in place to deliver it. In recent months, we have begun to drive innovation and delivery at pace, as part of a wider cultural and technological change programme to put digital at the heart of everything we do.
As part of this transformation, we are now looking to recruit to the position of Deputy Director- Head of HMPPS Digital. The role will be accountable for all digital and technology services provided to Her Majesty’s Prison and Probation Services (HMPPS) across prisons, probation and youth justice.
As an expert in what digital can achieve, you will be responsible for developing services across the entire prisons and probation estate. The scope for transformation is enormous and as an established digital professional, you will lead a substantial team to challenge the status quo.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Development of digital services to support a wide variety of stakeholders across the business;
- Prioritising the challenges and acting as a thought leader for current and planned digital solutions;
- Driving legacy technology replacement and embracing modern digital technologies;
- Leading a team of over 150 across multiple locations;
- Developing new standards of stakeholder engagement at multiple levels;
- Managing a substantial investment budget to drive performance improvement;
- Finding new, efficient ways of working that release resources across the organisation.
To be successful in this role you will have experience of:
- Leading digital transformation in a complex environment whilst operating at scale.
- Running existing technology services in a live service environment.
- Developing and delivering a coherent digital strategy.
- Establishing and maintaining excellent relationships at a senior level.
- Commercial acumen with a focus on increasing cost-efficiency at all times.
The Civil Service recruits using Success Profiles. This means for each role we advertise, we consider what you will need to demonstrate in order to be successful. This gives us the best possible chance of finding the right person for the job, drives up performance and improves diversity and inclusivity.
During the application process we will be considering the following behaviours;
- Communicating and influencing
- Working together
- Delivering at pace
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.
For an informal and confidential conversation please contact Sarah Luxford on 020 8253 1800 or email MOJDigital@global-resourcing.com for an information pack and how to apply.
Applications to be received by 9am Monday 10th June 2019