Environments TechnicianRegister for Job Alert
Digital, Data & Technology
26.03.2018 10:18 AM
About the role:
- Helping to develop automated integration platform and defining best practice and standards.
- Administration of Linux servers, delivering a complex web app / middleware integration stack.
- Provide mentorship and knowledge transfer to internal team members with the goal of the internal team being self-sufficient in a planned timescale.
- Asset and Configuration Management.
- Assist with building a culture of continuous delivery and improvement, ensuring that key systems are regularly analysed, maintained and improved.
- Being involved in the wider development community, identifying good practices we can adopt and sharing our experiences.
- Building and configuring new server platforms and the automated tooling to do so.
- Building up a useful, robust automated test suite to support a Continuous.
- Deployment environment.
- Develop approved technical standards, and the platform design and promote reuse, make progress towards the future state architecture, simplify the technical environment, and reduce the cost and timeframe of development.
- Ensure that new and updated platforms, products and transactions are thoroughly tested for performance, are able to handle specified load, and can be maintained over the long-term.
- Experience configuring and managing / System administration of Linux servers for serving web / integration development, testing and production services.
- Experience with continuous integration, automated deployment, testing and the relevant tooling i.e. Puppet, Chef and Jenkins.
- Strong knowledge of factors influencing performance and ability to tune systems to achieve best possible performance and capacity.
- Experience with Release and Configuration Management processes.
- Installation and management of open source monitoring tools.
- Experience managing and deploying on Cloud based platforms.
- Experience debugging a complex multi-server service.
- Familiarity with network protocols - TCP/IP, HTTP, SSL, etc.
- Ability to quickly research and learn new programming tools and techniques.
- Excellent environment management, automation and scripting skills e.g. shell or PERL scripts.