Senior/Lead Platform EngineerRegister for Job Alert
My client is looking for senior engineers to on a Government Department team focused on Platform Engineering. As a leader you will be directing engineering teams to design, build, integrate and deploy the infrastructure and distributed platforms used to host and deliver modern microservice application architectures. You will be experienced in applying modern computing paradigms aiming to improve the path to production, feedback loops and creating cultures of continuous learning and improvement.
The successful individual will:
- Contribute to the technical strategy, standards, and solutions and leads in its implementation.
- Coordinate service levels with product and business managers, other organisational departments and internal users to define and deliver at or above service level agreement standards
- Remain on the forefront of emerging DevOps technologies and practices.
- Identify DevOps innovations and manages the process of innovative change implementation effectively across the project, processes, and technologies.
- Coach, train, and develop colleagues to ensure proficiency in delivery of services that we provide on a daily basis.
- Develop positive stakeholder relationships at all levels to deliver updates, resolve issues, and manage project lifecycles.
- Measure, track, report, and attain/exceed project goals. Organize, document, and report to senior stakeholders.
- Escalate issues and pursue resolutions properly with agreed SLA's.
- Manage multiple teams simultaneously within a dynamic environment and appropriately assigns resources.
- Mutually establish project priorities with Product Managers. Provide target schedules for deliverables. Regularly communicates with project members.
- Participate in new and enhanced software, systems and infrastructure design discussions and review sessions.
- Participate in and leads technical design authority processes.
- Manage operational standards and procedures, and ensures those are documented and followed by team members.
- Manage and work collaboratively with third party providers and information system vendors to ensure timely and accurate delivery of outsourced software, systems and services.
Ideal candidate profile will include:
- Highly technical individual with strong experience in software, systems and network engineering.
- A wealth of experience brilliantly managing highly skilled practitioners within the fields of software, systems and network engineering.
- Serious depth of DevOps knowledge and how to implement its key concepts within a large scale agile transformation programmes.
- The ability to deliver infrastructure as code, continuous integration and delivery pipelines, introspection, monitoring and metrics.
- A background managing IT budgets and external suppliers.