System Software ArchitectRegister for Job Alert
An industry-leading ICT company is seeking a System Software Architect to join their UK research team. You will be part of the Cambridge team that design, develop and evaluate software solutions for their new SoC and contribute to the creation of their latest smart devices.
When most companies are downsizing and cutting research budget nowadays, this company's R&D Centres worldwide are buzzing with activities and they’ve become the top patent filers globally. They spare no expense to further scientific progress to gain industry competitiveness.
You will join a galaxy of accomplished scientists and be equipped with all the necessary means to focus on the next big innovation, worry-free. Some of their employees describe it as a researcher’s utopia.
Your ideas and hard work can benefit 1/3 of the world's population served by this company's technology. So if you are an experienced System Software Architect and passionate about innovations, please get in touch ASAP!!
Responsibilities of the System Software Architect:
- Design, develop and evaluate software solutions for the company's new SoC
- Be a long-term maintainer to a solution branch or a component such as PCI, filesystem, debug system, storage, network, scheduler, GPU driver, hypervisor, special purpose hardware accelerators etc.
- Collaborate with Open Source communities to support the SoC for domains like Linux distributions, specific kernel subsystems, drivers, virtualization, security etc
- Collaborate with internal teams and units on interfaces between Bios (UEFI / ACIP) and kernel, as well as kernel and user space
- Enable and facilitate up-streaming
- Work with the internal software and hardware teams to improve the efficiency of the software ecosystem
Qualifications for the System Software Architect:
- Ablility to work efficiently in a multi-cultural, multi-site, multi-lingual environment
- Ablility to work autonomously and as part of a team
- Creative and innovative thinking
- University degree in Computer Science or a similar domain
- Proven experience of working on a vital Linux kernel subsystem for an SoC
- Strong hands-on experience of programming in Linux kernel for server, network or mobile product domains
- Good experience and understanding of end-to-end software platform design
- Good understanding of overall Linux kernel architecture
- Experience with Open Source development tools and collaboration methods (such as git, bugzilla, mailing list, open source licensing etc)
Must be able to demonstrate guru-level software development expertise and architectural experience, in any one or more of the following areas:
1. System software for ARM on Linux (/arch/arm, /arch/arm64/ in Linux kernel), candidates with strong experience in other architectures, e.g. mips/ppc/x86 are also of interest
2. BSP and driver development (Linux 2.6 or later preferred)
3. Virtualization (KVM, Qemu, UML(User Mode Linux), etc)
4. Network stack
5. File systems and distributed file systems
6. Performance (bandwidth and system performance)
7. OS Hardening (Security)
8. Kernel debugging (including low level drivers/performance etc)
9. Technologies like Docker, open stack, OpenNFV, storage technologies etc
10. Kernel programming for any other specific subsystem/kernel features
Any other information or benefits:
Candidates must be eligible to work in this location.