SOC Design EngineerRegister for Job Alert
An industry-leading ICT company is seeking an SOC Design Engineer to join their UK research team.
The company is building world-class security capability from their Bristol R&D Centre, working with teams and partners internationally to drive the security architecture for their consumer devices.
You would be part of the team that will define and prove the robustness and security capability of the next generation Set Top Boxes, Digital Televisions, IP Cameras and so on.
When most companies are downsizing and cutting research budget nowadays, this company's R&D Centres worldwide are buzzing with activities and they’ve become the top patent filers globally. They spare no expense to further scientific progress to gain industry competitiveness. You will join a galaxy of accomplished scientists and be equipped with all the necessary means to focus on the next big innovation, worry-free. Some of their employees describe it as a researcher’s utopia.
Your ideas and hard work can benefit 1/3 of the world's population served by this company's technology. So if you eat, sleep and breathe new technologies and are passionate about innovations, please get in touch ASAP!!
Responsibilities of the SOC Design Engineer:
- Implementation of robust security IPs for integration on a variety of consumer devices
- Integration or design of third-party security IPs on a variety of consumer devices
- Hardware test verification for different CAS/DRM use cases
Qualifications for the SOC Design Engineer:
- Good xperience in security ASIC block design
- Experience in ASIC RTL level coding/verification (Verilog/System Verilog/UVM)
- Experience of System C modelling
- Experience with Test bench, Simulation, Formal Verification etc.
- Experience with Synthesis and Timing Analysis
- Experience with using scripting languages (Makefiles/Perl/Python)
- Knowledge of Cadence and Synopsys EDA tools
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
The following skills will be advantageous:
- Knowledge of security blocks, e.g. Security Processor, Cipher, Key ladder, RSA, Hash, Descrambler, TRNG, ARM Trustzone etc.
- Exposure to the latest or emerging global CA subsystem requirements
- Exposure to Protection of Assets e.g. Device Secrets, Content; General Attack vectors e.g. Extraction, Modification and Rollback of assets, Side Channel Attacks, DPA attacks, Device re-purposing and cloning, Fault Injection etc.
- Exposure to External lab certification procedures
- Knowledge of RISC based CPU architecture and design, especially RISC-V.
- SOC Design Engineer
Any other information or benefits:
Candidates must be eligible to work in this location.